Last one, taking exam on 2/17 Nerves kicking in - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Geez…I can’t wait to get this done. I use Becker and it seems like I am doing well. I take 90 question progress tests and score around 85-91 on them.

Is there anything else i can do to prepare? Is it true chapter 3-4 are the most heavily tested?

Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jstay
    Participant

Same post as AUD experience thread but here it is

I don't know what to think. MCQ were “fair” felt like i knew a lot, guessed on some hopefully some are throw away. Sims were blah, who really knows. One i found easily in the AL so that im pretty sure is 100, research im 85% sure i found what they were asking so thats another potential 100. Another one i knew most of hopefully thats atleast 65 (conservative estimate), another one had 8 boxes so i did the best i could (conservative estimate maybe 40). there was a FAR sim that i think i got 75/80 on so hopefully thats not the throw away one, there was another one with some kind of FAR like properties on it but also had AUD like boxes in it so conservative guess would be another 40 and then there was an AUD one where i feel like a conservative guess would be 50. however these are conservative guesses, hopefully i am just underestimating myself and maybe got 10 pts higher on the ones that i wasnt sure of. I do believe i atleast got some partial credit on all of them. Hate to say it but the Sims were better then expected.

Hopefully my MCQ were similar to my scores in Ninja or Becker where i would get atleast 70% right in a testlet..hopefully more.

Now the wait begins as does studying for REG

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jstay, I have my exam on the 20th. It will be a long wait until the 5th of Feb for both of us…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

jstay

sounds like you passed. congrats. Did it seem like any of the 6 chapters in Becker were tested more/less than Becker describes in the book? or didn't you use Becker?

jstay
    Participant

I can honestly say I saw a little bit of everything. one thing to note is to not stop studying. By this I mean study up until you fall asleep the night before. I was reading my text the day before and I there a few questions I got that I probably would have had to guess on had I not read over that material

jstay
    Participant

I also feel like MCQ never got harder

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don't worry jstay, i won't let you down. I'm currently logged as approaching 230 hours (lectures/mcq/review tests) before my exam. I study the last 5 days for the exams around 6+ hours a day and I take the Becker final review tests each 2 times. I study notecards and trouble spots up to the second I walk in the prometric's door to go into test.

What did you get on the aud final review exams?

jstay
    Participant

@cbones1979 i think i got a 69 and a 72but i dont really remember. all i know is that on my final exam the second one i got the research question right and it marked it wrong so after i recalculated that grade with a 100% on the research it was a 72

Tux

cbones – You originally asked if there was anything else that you can do to prepare…..

Since you've already taken the Becker practice exams twice, and you still have a few weeks to prepare, you might want to supplement with a second test bank – either Wiley or Ninja

A fresh set of questions would really test your knowledge, and could help you catch any weak areas.

Just a thought.

Or, if you feel comfortable with it, go ahead and reschedule the test sooner.

Good luck!

FAR - 86 - 2/27/14
    AUD - 75 - 5/29/14
    BEC - 80 - 8/31/14
    REG - 89 - 2/27/15
    Praise Jesus! I'm done!!

Study resources:
    Becker
    Wiley test bank

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks fellas

My apologies, I haven't taken the practice exams yet. Those are scheduled for Feb 12th-15th.

My study pattern has been pretty rigid for the first 3 exams. I'm on my 2nd turn of redoing each chapters questions. I have chapter 5 and 6 to redo all questions and then I go back and redo all the marked questions for each section again. My last week leading up to the exam I do progress tests covering each section while printing out all the ones I got wrong. Those get a more detailed look the next day during lunch.

I was looking to do the AICPA practice exam but the site is down. Also, does anyone have the link for the recently released exam questions for AUD?

Thanks again

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.