Big chance between Becker's 2010 and 2009?

• Creator
    Topic
    voice123
    Participant

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a big chance or a chance that is significant enough to jeopardizing me passing? I really hate to fork out a few hundred bucks for a new version if the change isnt significant. I have been using the 2009 version to study, and my exam is late this month, but I just saw my friend’s comment on facebook saying there are changes between the versions. I didn’t want to wait for her to reply back because I am really anixous right now. I really hope I don’t get screw, but if anybody knows anything, let me know! Thanks a million!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    voice123
    Participant

oh man, I just realized my typo. I mean big changes. So sorry!!

potatogun
    Participant

Shouldn't be anything too terribly different. REG is probably the most key. Download the updates on the becker customer help site though and update the passmaster software.

FAR 92 - AUD 91 - REG 94 - BEC 86

FARbehind
    Participant

i don't think there are significant changes (other than reg). i just found some old yeager dvds for far. someone had given them to me long long time ago. i am listening to them and find no difference from 2010 becker materials. they say there are changes bc this is how these c/nies make money.

aud,bec,reg-passed
    far-->75 Done!!!!!
    ethics-100

voice123
    Participant

Thanks guys. I got a reply back from her saying there wasn't any big differences that she was aware of. She also said regs was the section that changed the most too. This finally puts my heart at ease! *phew*

Edit: I just realized the becker's website have some big updates.

https://beckerkb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/376/session/L3NpZC9qV1BYdTc0aw%3D%3D

It replaced a whole section in chapter 2. yikes..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Voice123- thanks for posting the link! That was very helpful.

Good luck with your studies!

jeff
    Keymaster

Instead of charging them for a new course, Yaeger offers free 2010 updates to their 2009 students.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    potatogun
    Participant

Sounds like OP already has Becker so buying a new review course even if updates were provided doesn't make sense.

FAR 92 - AUD 91 - REG 94 - BEC 86

whitesoxfancpa
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing, potatogun.

AUD 96 FAR 95 REG 94 BEC 88

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.