AUD Study Group Q4 2016 - Page 73

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q4 2016 CPA Exam Study Group for AUD.

If this is your first post in the study group – please post your target exam date (just the time frame to preserve your anonymity), and your past history with this exam (optional, of course).

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 7 replies - 1,081 through 1,087 (of 1,087 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    crystalblack22
    Participant

For my first CPA exam I decided to take BEC which I planned and took in the second quarter of this year and received a 62. I used Becker to prepare for the exam and I gave myself three months to study and review. Despite how unconfident I felt of understanding the material I took it anyway just to get a feel of how the exam will be.

I took a retake of the BEC in the third quarter and received a 63. I used Roger to prepare in hopes that he would better explain the material which he did. I also used Ninja MCQ and done a mock exam with Roger program and got a 75 but in the end I didn’t do much better. I gave myself a month and two weeks to study and review for this retake of BEC.

I thought for sure I was going to pass the retake for BEC, so I already scheduled a date for AUD in the same second quarter before even taking the retake of BEC but after receiving another pathetic grade I push back the AUD exam until the fourth quarter.   

For the fourth quarter I took AUD and received a 60.  This time I used Roger, Becker, Ninja MCQ and Ninja audio to prepare for the exam starting with Roger lectures and MCQ and in between moving to the next chapter for Roger I knock out at least 200 Ninja MCQ. I completed Roger AUD course in two months   and had a trending score of 68 for Ninja. For the last month I just focus on Becker material with listening to lectures that were directly related to concepts I was still little uncertain about and completed all the MCQ and most of the SIMS. For the Becker MCQ that I got incorrect I marked on the software and wrote the questions and answers and the explanations for the answers and attempt the questions again either later on that day or the next day. I also made flash cards and notes for all the lectures I listen to. In total I gave myself three months to prepare for that exam. I am planning to retake AUD again around the mid or end of February. I think I am going to just stick with only Becker and purchase their review course but I am more than open to any suggestion at this point.

AUD - 66
    BEC - 63
    FAR - 56
    REG - NINJA in Training
    You don't have to be Great to get start but have to get start to be Great
    Forem004
    Participant

I always get turned around on this one.

Which of the following circumstances would an auditor most likely consider a risk factor relating to misstatements arising from fraudulent financial reporting?

A.
    Several members of management have recently purchased additional shares of the entity's stock.

B.
    Several members of the board of directors have recently sold shares of the entity's stock.

Incorrect C.
    The entity distributes financial forecasts to financial analysts that predict conservative operating results.

D.
    Management is interested in maintaining the entity's earnings trend by using aggressive accounting practices.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 82
    Tiffany
    Holly
    Participant

@Forem004 D?

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 86
    Becker & Ninja MCQ

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Forem004
    Participant

Yes. I understand the reasoning behind it but for some reason I get confused when I see it again. So maybe I really don't understand it. 😱

AUD - 84
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 78
    REG - 82
    Tiffany
    Holly
    Participant

This is from a Becker Simulation (Simulation 1, task 2, question 6)

The last line of the information says – The auditors' reports are to be submitted by CCC to the granting government agencies, which make the reports available for public inspection.

So, how does that fit with the restricted use paragraph of the report?

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 86
    Becker & Ninja MCQ

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Holly
    Participant

I just noticed I didn't put which chapter that simulation is from – chapter 6.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 86
    Becker & Ninja MCQ

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

jim
    Participant

I failed due to the simulation section. I'm not shocked because I only gave myself enough time to go through each Ninja Simulation twice, but honestly I didn't feel like the simulations were difficult on the exam. I felt better about them than I did about the MCQ testlets, but I wound up performing better than those who barely passed on the MCQs. I don't think that going through the ninja sims will give me results that I need to bump myself up from a 69 to a 75.

After Ninja Sims what is the best source of Audit Simulations?

Viewing 7 replies - 1,081 through 1,087 (of 1,087 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group Q4 2016 - Page 73’ is closed to new replies.