AUD Study Group – Q3 2018 - Page 17

Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jr
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) apply only to Private Companies?
    Thanks

Jack Molitor
    Participant

I'm a few days from taking AUD. Hopefully my last exam. I passed BEC and FAR and will find out about REG in a few days. I planned it out so AUD would be last, but I'm getting a little apprehensive now.

AUD has the lowest pass rate, and I see so many people on here who have failed it, even multiple times. But it's got the least material (I've gotten through everything in just six weeks and now am on to review), and while some of the material has been challenging (I've been using Wiley), I feel like it's still been a relative breeze compared to the others. What gives, for people who have taken it? Do people just not take it as seriously BECAUSE it's AUD? Is it materially harder than the software lets on?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 83
    REG - 82

"Don't boo. Vote."

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jack Molitor – Learning the AUD material is not that difficult, but the AUD exam itself is tough because of so much judgement and subjectivity involved, hence AUDIT! I thought the MCQs were pretty straightforward, but the SIMS for both exams I took were a lot more difficult than I anticipated.

Jack Molitor
    Participant

I guess then it boils down to more of a personality thing. I suppose not much can be done to alter that. I always thought I had good instincts, though. Audit was definitely a strength, in school anyway (I know practical application is different). Anyway, any advice for the next seven days?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 83
    REG - 82

"Don't boo. Vote."

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

@big4: Ah I see.. mine were super subjective the last time I took it. Good luck with score release!!

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

@jack: I guess my instincts are terrible since I've failed this thing so many times now haha
    You got this! I think you'll be fine. Just keep practicing, looking over notes.. same drill you have probably already done multiple times for other sections. All the best!

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi my name is Abhi..I have just started audit wid Roger CPA review..can u please which question bank is best for audit?

lam2848
    Participant

So I just came out of my AUD exam. I don't feel good about it but I don't feel bad either. My second testlet felt harder, which I guess is good. The SIMs were bad but not too bad. I don't know if I did well enough to pass but I'm going to try and remain positive.

FAR - 78

AUD - 75

BEC - 83

REG - 82

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I have my AUD exam on Monday and I’m freaking out. I still haven’t found out the score on my first CPA exam which I took earlier in Q3 so I don’t know what to expect with regards to my study strategies. Two more days!!!

Pendragon87
    Participant

So I took the AUD exam yesterday. I was really surprised to find the MCQ testlet harder than the sims. Im not sure if the exam got easier because I performed poorly with the mcqs. I didnt get a single DRS sim, and the max amount of documents for any sim was 2. it was very different from my experience with FAR. Although I must say that taking FAR before AUD absolutely helped to answer some of the sims. now just sit back and wait till Sep 19th!

AUD Score  74 , 73 , 68 , 78

BEC Score    71 , 82

FAR Score   60 , 76

REG Score   61, 82

Mona S.
    Participant

@Pendragon87 Not a single DRS and SIMS with only 2 documents? Oh wow! I'm taking AUD tomorrow; praying for easy MCQ and SIMs.

FAR - 77 ( March 2018)  Wiley

REG - 88 ( May 2018)     Wiley + NINJA Monthly

BEC - 81 (July 2018)      Wiley + NINJA Monthly

AUD - 83 (Sept 2018)     Wiley

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

Squeezing in the exam tomorrow before the window closes! Who else is with me?? Lets dooo this……….

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Allsheneeded – Good luck on your exam!

Josh
    Participant

@AC pretty sure that SSAE's apply to both private and public companies and possibly governmental and not-for-profit's if the engagement is considered an attest engagement that expresses assurance on subject matters other than basic (or historical) financial statements. Why do you ask? Because they are established by the AICPA and not the PCAOB? Keep in mind that certain of these engagements are governed by SSARS instead (such as preparations and compilations). It seems like they can apply to a lot including controls of a service organization, business acquisition studies and management discussion and analysis (md&a). It's just that they aren't on some of the traditional services such as audits where you would see the use of the terms issuer and the pcaob.

I'm on my final review for Becker's extended lol class, and I'm realizing that it's September and I'll most likely be taking my exam when Q4 opens. I wonder what my best option(s) are after studying for what seems like too much time this time? I know I got to be more committed because I could have planned things much better I believe. Today's probably a good day to schedule it and through my work. So far, my family doesn't want me to travel for it, so looks like the 8th at 8 a.m. mst.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 80
    Josh
    “Focus on the future for 50%, on the present for 40%, and on the past for 10%." - Maasaki Hatsumi
    Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

I see those passing scores Big4!! Congratulations dude!!

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 268 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group – Q3 2018 - Page 17’ is closed to new replies.