AUD Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 26

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Veggie
    Participant

Test experience: I just got out of the test half an hour ago. I left an hour and 10 minutes on the table. Each multiple choice testlet took me about 30 minutes to complete and the rest of the time was the simulations. I can't really say if the testlets went medium hard hard, I think so, but the first testlet almost seemed “easy” idk. All of the questions were about on par with the difficulty I've come across in the Wiley material. The simulations were out of this world. It seemed like I was talking a FAR exam. I graduated from college in 2012 and I haven't taken FAR yet so all of my knowledge was from that. Ugh.

Hoping for a 75. That's all I want.

Is anyone else testing this weekend?

BEC: 85
    AUD: 84
    REG: 74, 89
    FAR: May 27

CMA Pt 1: 420
    CMA Pt 2: 440

BEC (2/27) 85

CMA Part 1 (10/14) 440
    CMA Part 2 (5/15) 420

Operation_CPA
    Participant

First off let me say I am sure glad I purchased NINJA MCQ…. is anyone finding that Becker did not cover a lot of the questions that are coming from the “Professional Responsibilities” problem sets? Some of the NINJA questions are very specific.

@Veggie

I test next week (as I am sure a lot of other people will be too considering the extended window). You're making me nervous for the SIMS though!

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

jad11
    Participant

@Jackrobe24

I am confused about this also. I have in my notes that change in “method” of computing depreciation DOES require emphasis of matter paragraph, but that change in depreciation life estimate DOES NOT require emphasis of matter. That is what I'm going to go with for now unless someone else clarifies. I test on Monday!

cultur3
    Participant

@Veggie I test on Friday. Really nervous about the sims. I have seen a lot of people take Audit performing really well on Ninja and end up in the low 70s. I'm extremely nervous

F 83 4/09/16
    A 85 6/10/16
    B 81 7/19/16

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ThisIsTheYear: risk assessment procedures and analytical procedures are both used throughout the audit, and sometimes they go hand in hand, but not always. I have noticed this while studying, and it has been extremely frustrating. I plan to pay special attention when I review. Here are a few notes you may find helpful.

Analytics are required as part of risk assessment when planning.
    Analytics may be used as part of substantive testing, when gathering evidence.
    Analytics are required as part of the overall review near the end.

I did not notice analytics as part of internal control testing, but, I did notice that it is part of the planning stage, and “obtaining an understanding of the entity and its environment, including its internal controls.” Do you see the difference in concept?

I hope that helps. I am not 100% on this topic yet either, but it has been something I have trying to straighten out in my head as I study.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jack24 and Jad 11

AU-C Section 708

10. The auditor should evaluate and report on a change in accounting estimate that is inseparable from the effect of a related change in accounting principle like other changes in accounting principle, as required by paragraphs 9,”

paragraph 9 says to add an EOM paragraph.

for425
    Participant

General Audit/Attestation report question-

Can a qualified opinion only be issued when auditing the full f/s (public and non-public)?

Trying to decipher what type of opinion (or no opinion at all) the different audit/attestation reports can receive…

FAR - 72, 81
    BEC - 76
    REG - 78
    AUD - 61 (1/24), Retake (6/6)

Materials: Becker
    FAR Retake: + Wiley TB
    REG & AUD: + Ninja MCQ

Holly
    Participant

For those using Becker

A2, Sim 1, Task 10 — Simulation answer is AR-C 90.A6. I can't find this anywhere, even in the table of contents (I do find AR Section 60). What am I missing?

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 86
    Becker & Ninja MCQ

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Jackobe24
    Participant

@Veggie I had similar experience in my first attempt at AUD in like 8 months ago. MCQ were medium, hard, medium/hard-ish. Then the simulation was out of this world, so confusing, feel like it's more related to FAR than AUD. Hopefully you end you a better result than I did.

I'm retaking it this Monday, which is tomorrow. God bless me!

FAR - 9/8/16 (Hopefully it's my last CPA exam, God bless me!)
    REG - 80
    BEC - 81
    AUD - 69, 81

mocella1
    Participant

My 1st run with Audit after a long, long break. I'm on track now to take exam 7/7/16; which is only a few days after 4th of July. Guess, I'll be studying all weekend!

Just Do It!!!

No more sidelines. I'm taking an aggressive approach using Becker & NINJA
    AUD - 7/7/16
    REG - 8/15/16
    BEC - 10/3/16
    FAR - 11/28/16

Jackobe24
    Participant

hey guys, need help on this question.

Q: In an engagement related to a nonissuer, an auditor discovers several significant deficiencies in internal control, one of which is deemed to be a material weakness. Which of the following is true?

A: If internal control was evaluated as part of an audit, the auditor must restrict use of the report on internal control.

so my question is….are we restricting the use on this report on IC because we discovered a material weakness or does a report on IC that's part of an audit requires restriction of use regardless??

FAR - 9/8/16 (Hopefully it's my last CPA exam, God bless me!)
    REG - 80
    BEC - 81
    AUD - 69, 81

for425
    Participant

Sample Size for Variable Sampling-

How do you determine the correct sample size?

In Becker, they mention how to determine it for attribute sampling –> Use the respective risk of assessing control risk too low table and then locate the expected deviation rate and tolerable rate within the table.

Do you use the same process for variable sampling?

FAR - 72, 81
    BEC - 76
    REG - 78
    AUD - 61 (1/24), Retake (6/6)

Materials: Becker
    FAR Retake: + Wiley TB
    REG & AUD: + Ninja MCQ

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Veggie I test on Tuesday (6/7)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@for425: Examination engagements are like audits, with unmodified, qualified, disclaimer or withdrawal. Review engagements don’t really fall into those categories; it is more like “here’s the stuff we found” or negative assurance “we didn’t find any stuff.” The other engagement types do not allow for the expression of an opinion.

@HRSexton: If you look at the table of contents, the top folder is “AICPA Professional Standards.” If you look at the next layer of folders, the first name is “How Professional Standards Is Organized”, the second is “Applicability of AICPA Professional Standards…” and the seventh is “Accounting and Review Services [AR-C]”. That’s the one you want. If you drill down into it, there isn’t much there, so you will find AR-C 90.A6 pretty quick.

@Jackobe24: The restriction is because the engagement was for an audit on F/S, not for internal control. As you recall, one of the things they put in the audit report is something to the effect of “We were not engaged to evaluate internal control, and accordingly, we express no such opinion.” If the auditors happen to find significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, they have to tell management/those charged with governance, but they don’t want that information to overshadow the fact that this is not part of their opinion.

@for425: Becker says to use certain parameters (tolerable misstatement, expected misstatement, acceptable levels of risk, characteristics of the population, and assessed risk) in conjunction with tables or formulas. This sounds like it is a little more complicated than the attribute sampling, so they don’t provide us with any hands-on practice. Although they do show you another table and formula when discussing the PPS sampling.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In relation to audit documentation, after the report release date:
    A. additions may be made. CORRECT
    B. deletions may be made.
    C. documents may be discarded.
    D. All of the answer choices are correct.

Can someone help clarify this. Thanks! Aren't you allowed deletions or to discard up to 60 days after?

– See more at: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/open-if-youre-studying-for-audit#sthash.Twq6Pmwf.dpuf

Viewing 15 replies - 376 through 390 (of 481 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 26’ is closed to new replies.