AUD Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 21

Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Veggie
    Participant

So the difference between inspection and scanning. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Inspection is just reading the underlying documents to obtain an understanding where as scanning is an analytical procedure to identify potential issues that need to be looked into more.

BEC: 85
    AUD: 84
    REG: 74, 89
    FAR: May 27

CMA Pt 1: 420
    CMA Pt 2: 440

BEC (2/27) 85

CMA Part 1 (10/14) 440
    CMA Part 2 (5/15) 420

RE2PECT
    Participant

Guess I'll be coming back here soon. Got a 73 and have no idea what else I could have done. I did over 4000 mcq and every sim in Ninja and Roger. Hit the review phase and was trending 98% before the exam. Don't know how I'm going to stay focused studying for BEC these next couple weeks.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Roger & Ninja

FAR: 75
    AUD: 73, 81
    BEC: 71, 73, 82
    REG: 68, 82

FAR: 75 Roger & Ninja (notes/flashcards/audio/MCQ)
    BEC: 71, retake 8/29
    REG:

Maggie
    Participant

@RE2PECT I'm in the same boat with a 72. I did all the HW on becker and was trending 80-90%. I also was an auditor for 5 years. I'm also studying for BEC now, but I'm most likely pushing my BEC test out to late August and spending the rest of June restudying for Audit to take again in July. I'm going to buy the Ninja notes and do all the mqc's there as well. My state provides the breakout of the area you did better / weaker on so i'm curious to see which areas they say im weaker in. I'll focus extra hard in those areas.

Anyone else have any suggestions to nail audit after a 72?

Almost there

AUD- 74 (2012), 72 (4/20/16)
    BED- 7/6/16
    REG- TBD
    FAR- TBD

perezc3910
    Participant

RE2PECT, sorry to hear that you failed. You can push through BEC and schedule your AUD retake for first week of July. That will give you 3 weeks to focus on whatever topics you didn't do too good on. You aren't too far away from that 75. It could have been worse.

BEC-July 2016
    REG-August 2016
    FAR-October 2016
    AUD-Nov/Dec 2016

jpowell31
    Participant

@blackCPAseeker – I don't find out until June 8th. Torture. It was difficult. I can't say I could've been more prepared … there wasn't anything that I hadn't seen or wished I focused on more (I only used Ninja)…the subjectivity was another level though!

-__-
    jpowell31
    Participant

Aww man so sorry to hear you guys!! You'll get it next time…I felt the same RE2PECT and have the same concerns!

-__-
    marqzho
    Participant

I passed.

Thanks Jeff for free Ninja MCQ. 🙂

REG 90
    FAR 95
    AUD 98
    BEC 84

TheHoundThatRides
    Participant

@RE2PECT

I got the same score last quarter. It sucks. At this level it's likely there are versions of the exam we could have passed. We just got a few bad MCQ or underperformed on one SIM too many.

BEC - 78 (August 2015)
    FAR - 80 (November 2015)
    AUD - 73, 67. (Ok I gotta confess I was even more lazy this time around)
    REG - August 27th, 2016

RE2PECT
    Participant

TheHoundThatRides- I totally agree with you. My exam had some questions that weren't even remotely close to anything I came across in Ninja or Roger. Who knows if they were pretest or not. I feel like this kind of cancels out with my FAR score since I may have gotten lucky on that one. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your score report?

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Roger & Ninja

FAR: 75
    BEC: 71, 73, 82
    REG: 68, 82

FAR: 75 Roger & Ninja (notes/flashcards/audio/MCQ)
    BEC: 71, retake 8/29
    REG:

Broag
    Participant

Has anyone used the Ninja AUD book yet? If you did, how long did it take you to get through it? Thanks.

REG - 79
    FAR - ?
    AUD - ?
    BEC - ?

Veggie
    Participant

I'm really starting to hate Wiley. The same question is asked in two separate test banks with two correct answers. Can anyone give me some guidance?

A lawyer's response to an auditor's inquiry concerning litigation, claims, and assessments may be limited to matters that are considered individually or collectively material to the client's financial statements. Which parties should reach an understanding on the limits of materiality for this purpose?
    A. The auditor and the client's management.
    B. The client's audit committee and the lawyer.
    C. The client's management and the lawyer.
    D. The lawyer and the auditor.

In the individual lesson it says answer A is correct: “The client and the auditor should reach an understanding about materiality. This understanding is then communicated to the attorney who will limit his/her response accordingly.”

In the quiz builder section it says answer D is correct: “The requirement is to identify which parties should reach an understanding on the limits of materiality for purposes of a lawyer's response to an auditor's inquiry concerning litigation, claims, and assessments. Answer (d) is correct because AU‐C 501 states that a lawyer's response to an inquiry may be limited to material items, provided the lawyer and the auditor have reached an understanding on the limits of materiality for this purpose. Answer (a) is incorrect because it includes the client's management. Answer (b) is incorrect because it includes the client's audit committee and omits the auditor. Answer (c) is incorrect because it includes the client's management and omits the auditor.”

Same. exact. question.

BEC: 85
    AUD: 84
    REG: 74, 89
    FAR: May 27

CMA Pt 1: 420
    CMA Pt 2: 440

BEC (2/27) 85

CMA Part 1 (10/14) 440
    CMA Part 2 (5/15) 420

WZcpa15
    Participant

Took audit today. It looks much easier than previous one. I guess I prepared a lot on it. Good luck to those who's taking it..

All Exam Done - FAR 86, BEC 82, REG 86, AUD 78
    CA Ethics Passed - July 16

BEC - Passed - 7/27/15 - 25%
    FAR - Passed - 10/1/15 - 50%
    REG - Passed - 4/19/16 - 75%
    AUD - Schedule - 5/24/16

Material Using - 2015 Wiley CPAexcel Study Guides and Focus Notes

jlp0369
    Participant

Can anyone explain what “no exceptions” means?
    For example,
    “If interim substantive procedures for an account identified no exceptions, which of the following would the auditor not perform on that account at year-end?:

FAR: 87
    REG: 90
    BEC: 74(ouch), retake 7/16/16
    AUD: 96

Operation_CPA
    Participant

@marqzho

Congratulations on passing! I am officially 2 weeks from my exam and judging from your scores I should take advice from you, ha! I am on my second run through the material and should be finishing up chapter 3 hopefully today. Performing well on chapters 1-3 thus far in the 80's range. Any advice going forward? I may just buy the NINJA MCQ for my last week for strictly MCQ's.

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

marqzho
    Participant

jlp0369

Exception = something doesn't seem right. On the other hand, no exception means everything looks right. 🙂

REG 90
    FAR 95
    AUD 98
    BEC 84

Viewing 15 replies - 301 through 315 (of 481 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 21’ is closed to new replies.