AUD Study Group Q4 2018 - Page 6

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    YouCanDoIt
    Participant

@JMG

I am also taking mine on the 28th.

For testing COMPLETENESS and EXISTENCE:
    1) Completeness: we are basically making sure we have included everything, so to AVOID UNDERSTATEMENT.
    Completeness is usually tested via “Tracing” –“hey, I can trace this from Source to Journal “end”, etc”

2) Existence: we are basically making sure that all that we included actually exists, so to AVOID OVERSTATEMENT
    Existence is usually tested via “Vouching”–“hey, I can ‘VOUCH' this exists” This is tested by vouching from Journal “end” to Source document

Now, depending on what you are testing , your “source” and “end” will vary, for example:
    a CPA might test inventory from “inventory tags” to “inventory list of client” , which is making sure all the tags are included in the client's list.

If the CPA was instead doing from List to Tags, that means CPA wants to make sure that certain inventory actually exists, and client is not simply overstating.

Same way payroll can be tested, to make sure actual employees exist, or employees are getting paid for hours worked and not getting paid over or under.
    I hope this helps!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

jeff
    Keymaster

Sorry – this study group got un-sticked…here's to everyone making the final push in Q4! Finish strong.

– jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    jeff
    Keymaster

Q1 Study Groups also open: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/aud-study-group-q1-2019/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    CPAGURU
    Participant

Has anyone had any Sims on adjusting journal entries on the exam?

anusha_vee
    Participant

Hey guys! I have a question.. I’m a little confused. So I was trying out AUD research questions and instead of using the AL given by my review course, I was using the AL in AICPA site… so for like every question, if I answer with something from SAS .. the answer it is showing me is actually from the “Application and Other Explanatory Material” part of it… for example, if I answer say AU-C 265.11 , the answer would be 265.A15.
    What is the difference between these two? Are we supposed to answer from the Explanatory material? Can someone help me? Both the section text and the Explanatory material seem right but what gets preference?

Steve K
    Participant

Thanks! Taking the exam in 2 days. Have been drilling NINJA MCQ the past few days. Did 1500 MCQ in 5 days and am trending at 82% with an avg. of 76.

FAR - 81
    AUD - 79
    REG - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    JxL
    Participant

Just took mine this afternoon. Not sure how to feel about it. There are questions I for sure I knew I got or wrong. But at this point, oh well. Hopefully I have done enough to pass it. 3 of the simulations are pretty intense. I fished all that just 10 mins before the item runs out. Good luck everyone !

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.