74 on AUD – What now?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jack Molitor
    Participant

It was supposed to be the last one. I thought I had gotten through all four without failing. I had already kinda mentally checked out in my mind, because I actually walked out of the testing center feeling pretty good. I was looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the holidays.

I’m feeling pretty devastated right now, but I know I can’t despair. I’ve seen other threads like this, but I guess I’m looking for directed support and advice. Based on the test feedback, I struggled with Ethics, Professional Responsibilities and General Principles and Performing Further Procedures and Obtaining Evidence. And I also apparently struggled on the simulations. Everything else I did better or comparable to other candidates. I used Wiley to get ready before. Has anyone who has failed and then passed supplemented your material with another product and if so, which one? Does one of the learning services do better in preparing for TBSs in your opinion?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 83
    REG - 82

"Don't boo. Vote."

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I don't know if you should follow any of my advice since you've done much better than me at this point, but I suggest that you reschedule that test as soon as you can. You passed the other ones the first time and missed this one by just a point. Just touch-up on your weak areas and take the test since it is still very fresh in your mind.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 76
    Licensed in VA
    geevee
    Participant

Hi Jack! So close. Sorry to hear about that. I took Audit as my first exam and barely had 2 weeks to study. I used Becker review materials. I concentrated on all multiple choice questions and read carefully the answers for those items I'd get wrong. I take 2 to 3 rounds of the MCQs until I get the logic behind the items I've gotten wrong. I hardly do lectures and videos.

I hope you'd get AUD soon! Don't give up, you are nearly there.

AUD - Passed, 2018-June
    BEC - Passed, 2018-August
    FAR - Passed, 2018-September
    REG - Passed, 2018-September

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Riyaad
    Participant

Hey man I took AUD in January and ended up failing with a 72. I retook it in April and got an 83. In that space of time, I literally read the entire AUDIT textbook and did a ton of progress test multiple choice questions and re-worked sims. However, I am a strong believer that once you mastered the information, you can do any simulation, therefore don't go crazy doing 100 sims. It's more important that you know that AUDIT textbook inside and out. It's a conceptual exam, no numbers, so it's either you know the concept or not. Make sure you cover all grounds, even if it's just working knowledge.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 86
    REG - 81
    Your journey is yours alone.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.