AUD Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 8

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Teal
    Participant

Can anyone explain what a service auditor is? I saw that term in a MCQ, but I don't think I have heard that term before…

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

tncpa2018
    Participant

From AU 324 Service Organization

For purposes of this section, the following definitions apply:

User organization — The entity that has engaged a service organization and whose financial statements are being audited

User auditor — The auditor who reports on the financial statements of the user organization

Service organization — The entity (or segment of an entity) that provides services to a user organization that are part of the user organization's information system

Service auditor — The auditor who reports on controls of a service organization that may be relevant to a user organization's internal control as it relates to an audit of financial statements

AUD - 91
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    ”Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort. And we control both...” ~ The Rock
    Teal
    Participant

@tncpa2018 ohhh got it. I had not seen it in that context before, but I know exactly what it is talking about now that you posted. Thanks!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

SONA
    Participant

What is the difference between Review under SSARS and review under SSAE. I am listening to Roger's lecture and don't find helpful in understanding the concrete difference between both.

Please help me understand.

AUD :56, 72, 77!
    FAR : 74, 77!
    BEC : 72, 75!
    REG : 72, 81!
    SONA
    Participant

When is your retake? I got 19th January and have to drive to prometric more than 2 hours.

AUD :56, 72, 77!
    FAR : 74, 77!
    BEC : 72, 75!
    REG : 72, 81!
    Indy500
    Participant

This is not a reply to an AUD question but just venting….I am taking MC questions trending btw 75 to 93 but I have taken 2 MOCK exams and I just did horribly. I have to take AUD in 4 days….I have to pick my head up….I am so in the gray area right now!!!!…ugh

AUD - 57
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” -Napoleon Hill
    huskyy123
    Participant

Took the AUD Gleim rehearsal and received a 90.

Took the Becker Mock exam and received around a 80.

Have been averaging in Ninja MCQ with 92% on only parts 2,3,4 (focusing on parts I struggled with). have done 2,000+ MCQ.

Obtained a 80+ on all MCQ I have done over GLEIM, MCQ, and Ninja, with maybe a few outliers sprinkled in.

Am I ready for my exam coming up on Saturday? Caveat: I failed AUD about 4 timed previously, all times going in thinking I understood AUD very well. Reports back have shown I have been weaker in SIMS and the third part of the blueprints, which has been my main focus. Failed with a 69, 72, 71, 70.

Thanks in advance!

Teal
    Participant

I am taking mine Saturday too!!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

itooshallpass
    Participant

Post edited – please read the forum rules:

Forum Disclosure Rules & FAQs

We aren’t trying to be sticklers – just consistent.

– Mod NINJAs

FAR - 85 (12/17)
    AUD - 80 (1/18)
    REG - 83 (6/18)
    BEC - 85 (7/18)

Ethics - 95

DONE DONE DONE DONE

TerriSilva
    Participant

hey all I'm retaking AUD hopefully next month or the beginning of March, depending on when I get my NTS. I scored 73 on my first try (OUCH)…I need that NTS sooner rather than later! The testing center in my area has NOTHING available for FEB or MARCH right now. Need somebody to cancel!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 75
    REG - 86
    California Licensed CPA as of August 19th, 2019!

Teal
    Participant

Can anyone help me understand when GAO applies and when GASB applies? I know, I know I keep having the governing entity questions, but I feel like that is a lot of what screwed me up the last time!!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

famh110
    Participant

@Teal. The way FASB sets standard for financial reporting and has created GAAP. Likewise, GASB set standards like GAAP for state and local governments.

The GAO basically makes recommendations to Congress about how the money is being spent to avoid wastage. I think independence both in fact and appearance is very important for this. The DOL audits the retirement plan offered by employees in the interest of the plan participants and not for the company that offers the plan.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today". (H Jackson Brown, Jr.)
    bobby
    Participant

Hey everyone! I'm back studying for AUD – made a 71 on my last retake – and I'm planning on sitting by the end of February.

I'm using Becker for my study prep, and I am very confused about which versions of chapters 1,4,5 and 6 to use for my exam in February/March. Can anyone tell me the differences and which versions to use for studying?

famh110
    Participant

I need some help in understanding a question from Becker…it asks if the auditor is unable to form on opinion on the new client's opening balance of inventory then the auditor may issue on unmodified opinion on which of the statements for the current year?

Ans choices: a) stmt of stockholder's equity only b) income stmt only c) stmt of cash flows only d) balance sheet only

The correct answer is D. Their explanation is the auditor can use the closing inventory balance to form an unmodified opinion on Balance Sheet only. For the rest of the stmts, the auditor the will issue a disclaimer. Why can't a unmodified be issued for the rest of the stmts?

Thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today". (H Jackson Brown, Jr.)
    ssibi
    Participant

Taking my first CPA exam ever tomorrow at 8:30 AM. I'm very nervous.

Good luck to everyone taking audit this quarter!
Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 317 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group – Q1 2018 - Page 8’ is closed to new replies.