Scored 99 on AUD – Tested 5/23/13 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Got really excited over the weekend when I finally got my score on AUD.

Alloted 2.5 hrs for the Sims and it paid off because I really had to significantly use the AL to answer the Sims.

One more exam to got (REG).

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    higher_flyer

What's with AUD lol?! I was jealous of a study mate who scored 99, then lo and behold…

Hoping for >=94 on BEC so I'll end up with > 95.5 cumulative average 🙂 Although I know it's a long shot with the written scoring. Le sigh.

REG 95 Aug '12
    FAR 95 Dec '12
    AUD 99 Apr '13
    BEC 94 Jul '13
    CA PETH 94 Oct '13

GACPA2K13

Which CPA review program do you guys with these amazing score use? Any advice for FAR?

NC CPA

I am using becker

FAR: 90 MAY 6 2013
    AUD: 99 MAY 29 2013
    REG: 84 July 1 2013
    BEC: 85 July 31 2013

GACPA2K13

NC CPA,

Congrats on your scores so far. What is your study method if I don't mind asking? I only have FAR left and am so desperate to be done in July. Do you focus more on MCQs, book, lectures, or a combination of all 3?

NC CPA

I watch lectures first. Then I read the book including those parts which Tim gearty did not want us to highlight. I make my own notes while reading book. Then I do mcqs with closed book an notes. I do take notes for the mcqs I got wrong. This theory worked for me in aud as I allocated 3 days for each chapter. But be mindful, I just graduated in may 2013 ANd I took aud in my last semester. Aud was fresh in my mind and the strategy works. Lets see it works for reg too

FAR: 90 MAY 6 2013
    AUD: 99 MAY 29 2013
    REG: 84 July 1 2013
    BEC: 85 July 31 2013

higher_flyer

I use Becker with my own version of NINJA worked into it:

Read the chapter first, taking thorough notes.

Go to Becker class, and highlight and take notes in my notes, not in the book. (In fact I rarely ever look at the book again.)

Re-write my notes, stressing highlighted material, dropping non-critical material.

Do all the Becker homework closed book. This includes the Optional MCQ's and Progress Tests.

Go back and do the incorrect/marked questions, and add these explanations to my notes.

Rinse and repeat for all chapters.

Do the NINJA review method: rewrite all my notes, but in condensed version wherever I can

Do the Becker review method: rework all homework

I do not do the Becker Final Exams, and I don't use flashcards, audio, Ninja Notes or other material. However, I have found the Wiley on-line bank to be super helpful, as Becker tends to repeat a lot of MCQ's, and I also have a knack for memorizing them too easily. Some sections I've had more time than others to work in a lot of Wiley MCQ's, and usually only at the review stage.

It also helps that I'm pacing myself mostly because of work time commitments. Could not have done it any faster than one section a quarter. I see that Cortiz822 has a similar time structure, so there's probably something to be said for that.

REG 95 Aug '12
    FAR 95 Dec '12
    AUD 99 Apr '13
    BEC 94 Jul '13
    CA PETH 94 Oct '13

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you all AUD-Genius for all your input!

Keep them coming please.

GACPA2K13

Cortiz822,

Was the AL helpful for FAR on the sims? I found some sims verbatim in the AL for AUD, but AL hasn't been remarkably helpful for REG or FAR.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@GACPA2K13, yes it is. I completely answered 3 non-research sims using the AL when I took FAR in Nov 2012.

It is really both familiarity with the topics and also using good search strategy to identify the specific detail within the topic.

I typically use the same wordings in the sims questions as starting point for the search words and from there narrow down to the topic and basically find the paragraph that contains all or almost all the search words. Speed reading thru the topic would also help. Familiarity with the topic all boils down to preparation and studying the lectures.

With the MCQs, I retain more knowledge when I get immediate feedback therefore I always want to know the answer and the logic behind the correct answer after answering an MCQ review question. Doing as many MCQs during review also aids in overall preparation including the Sims.

Good luck on your exams!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@higher_flyer,

You're doing great….keep it up!

For those with a full-time job and/or a family (with kid(s)), it's doable on a per quarter basis.

Once you've had a great start then that gives you nice momentum going forward with the rest of the exam, as for mine, I did FAR first because I'm generally familiar with it and use it extensively in my line of work. I've focus much on AUD because I have very little AUD experience.

You're a couple of points away from an EWS award. You can do it!

Good luck & God bless!

GACPA2K13

To EWS winners/candidates:

Did you all feel very confident walking out of each section? Did you have a feeling you definitely passed?

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.