AUD EXAM experience – 2017 Q1 - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    shawn in VA
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

This topic was started a while back ago by another poster but kinda “died”

I had my exam today (2/01) for audit and just wanted to see what others experience was during Q1 2017 ?

I took it for for the second time today after a 64 FAIL back in DEC 2016. I used Roger only back in DEC, but this time just did NINJA notes and Wiley Test Bank.

My experience today was mixed. The 1st testlet was super EASY. 2nd testlet was moderate with a few difficult questions. Flagged like 4. 3rd testlet was similar to 2nd testlet. Not sure if i got a Medium Hard Hard , or Medium Hard Medium.

The SIMS on the other hand was a mixed experience. The research was easy but took like 12 mins to answer. I got 2 DRS…1 was insanely hard, and 1 was manageable/moderate. The other ones were moderate but still had some guesses.

In a nutshell feel good about the MCQs but the SIMS not so sure. I felt similar on my 1st AUD exam where I got a 64 but this time I feel better about MCQ but not sure about SIMS. It it me or do are the SIMS just always difficult overall. I never get an easy SIM except research.

Can one pass if you get comparable in MCQ and Weaker in SIMS ?

just wanted to see what other people thought. I guess we all find out FEB 24?

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I took AUD this morning. I have no idea what to think! I feel like I should pass, but you never know with this thing.

Becker Practice Exam – 73 (rumor has it that I should score 83 on the actual exam).
    I flipped a coin before the exam and it landed on heads, meaning that I will pass. (Hoping that's relevant)
    I got a MCQ twice! Once in testlet 2 and once in testlet 3. Is this the kiss of death? I looked it up afterwards and I got it right both times.
    I can't tell if an audit question is considered easy or difficult, but I think MCQ testlets went medium-hard-hard.
    Sims were not unreasonable, but 2 Sims made me real glad I have accounting and auditing experience. Otherwise, I don't know how anyone could have studied for them?
    I got only 1 research question (which I nailed), which means one of the Sims will probably not be graded.

I'm going to try and bury myself in studying for FAR so I avoid thinking about it. You never know for sure until the score is released, which won't be until March 8!

Wannafree
    Participant

@ChynaBlue I am wondering how you decide hard or medium ? In BEC or REG I could understand as lot of calculations type problems were there but in Audit I couldn't hence asking this question.You mentioned your Audit and Accounting knowledge helped SIM.Many people said on this forum that FAR helped or needed.Can you give some idea which chapters or FAR should I focus for AUD ? Currently I am focusing AJE,Accounting Ratios and FS framework.

WannaB
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Nath,

Me too! I can't tell if an audit question is easy or hard. My guess is that they look at historical data to determine which questions people miss the most. I don't know.

FAR helps you to understand what some audit questions are talking about. Like auditing adjustments. If you don't know journal entries, then you won't know the audit adjusting entries. There were several questions where I pictured the financial statements in my head in order to understand the audit question. It's important to know what disclosure notes are needed to the financial statements. Sometimes they ask you to interpret analytical procedures, which requires understanding of how balance sheet and income statement accounts relate to each other like inventory and cost of goods sold or payroll accruals and payroll expense. Its important when thinking about risk to understand how an account would affect net income if it were misstated. People don't generally try to overstate expenses because it decreases net income and makes it look like a business is not doing well. Expenses are much more likely to be understated. One way to understate expenses is to understate an accrual account, or understate allowance for bad debts because the other side of the journal entry is an expense account.

Sorry if I'm rambling. It just remember thinking, if I didn't know accounting, I wouldn't get this question right. Of, if I didn't use tickmarks and audit documents at work, then this question would have blown my mind.

Wannafree
    Participant

thanks @
    Chynablue

WannaB
    Summie
    Participant

@floreat
    Your method of tackling FAR is what I'm going to need. I've been out of school for a while, don't have much acct experience under my belt and had crappy acct professors in college. So I didn't learn much the first time around.

@chynablue

I took AUD today and my experience was very similar to yours. I wonder if we got similar SIMS cause I felt like I got destroyed on mine. If I knew that I should brush up on basic accounts (that I thought I had done… But I guess I don't?) I would have done much better. The DR question I had was probably easy for someone with audit experience. But I was so confused. And two other questions on my sims were directly related to just knowing basic accounting. Which I guess I don't have a strong grasp on
    🙁
    But you never know what you're going to get on those SIMS. I heard of people getting 3/7SIMS on the formats of AUD reports… Which they were able to look up with the AL. I was keeping my fingers crossed for those but nope

Hope we all passed. I really don't want to retake (not that anyone does)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was so ready for audit report formats! But I strangely only had a few questions on it. Very different from the first time I took the exam.

Good luck to us all!

NeedsA75
    Participant

I'm having heart palpitations from reading this thread….Or maybe its all the caffeine? Anyways, I'm praying for no DRS on my AUD exam…

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

wc4044
    Participant

Took Audit on 2/14. I moved it up 3 days to try and squeeze it in to get my score on Feb 23. After taking it I can honestly say that for the questions I didn't know, 3 days of studying would not have helped. I didn't think the mcqs were inherently difficult, and while the SIMS were difficult, they weren't as bad as what I saw on FAR or REG. The only thing that scares me is that at no point (other than 1 sim) did I feel helpless-with BEC I thought there was no way I passed and rocked my highest score haha. So excited for this score release though-really hoping for this pass to be finished with this marathon of an exam

AUD - 99
    BEC - 93
    FAR - 88
    REG - 89
    Don't give up, don't ever give up
    Chasta
    Participant

Took AUD January 31. Awful. First testlet was okay, sort of. Second and third were both nightmares. Had the same question in both testlets and got them both WRONG. SIMS were something I would expect on FAR plus DRS. Research was even difficult, spent 20 minutes searching for the answer I'm not even sure was correct.

I have never felt so bad leaving the testing center and still feel that way when I think about it.

I've passed it before but it expired before finally passing FAR. Put more effort into this exam than any other previously.

REG and BEC will expire and April and May.

I hate the CPA exam.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    AUD 79, Jan 2015 Expired, 63, 87 April 2017

REG 63, 73, 79 October 2015

BEC 58, 75, November 2015

FAR 57, 63, 75, December 2016

taxonomics
    Participant

I took Audit today for the second time. If I had to honestly describe my exam experience, I will violate every single rule in the Code of Conduct and Jeff will ban me permanently from this site. To make story short, my exam crashed….on the last simulation. After waiting 3 hours, Prometric said I had to reschedule and retake my entire exam. Problem is, window closes in 2 days and it takes them 48 hours to reinstate my Section ID…

Tardis_Wobble
    Participant

omg @taxonomics that is absolutely the worst thing I have ever heard. I would have probably killed someone if I were you haha. That is garbage, but they have to expedite your section ID or something. That is way beyond your control.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    I still can't believe this is real.

FAR - 76 - [4]
    BEC - 71, 73, September 9 2016
    AUD - July 28 2016
    REG - October 2016

Black coffee, stress, and cottage cheese pancakes!

NeedsA75
    Participant

Took AUD yesterday. MC was reasonable…I think I did get a more difficult testlet as some of the questions became extremely tricky and borderline subjective with the answer choices.

SIMS weren't too terrible. I did get a DRS and I almost lost my sh*t but I kept it together, found the research question, got another SIM 100% correct, and think I got A LOT of partial credit on the remaining sims. This is my last exam and my gut feeling was that I did enough to pass so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Anyone else have a similar experience where AUD wasn't terrible and you passed? I'm nervous because I think this section has the highest fail rate historically..

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

imsotiffanyy
    Participant

I also took AUD yesterday and I thought the MC were really hard. They were super specific and not really topics that I studied with Roger. I just hope my guessing skills and luck really help me pass.

The thought the Sims were super fair and pretty easy. There was a question that asked the effects of control risk and detection risk for various situations and one that also asked about auditor work papers and what the proper comment would be. My favorite one was about whether this CPA has independence with various ownership in its audit client (either indirect, direct, material, or immaterial) to the ethics code.

I wish I passed.

Never say never.

Aud - 78 - 8/29/2017

Bec - 85 - 2/11/2017

Far - 85 - 11/29/2016

Reg - 82 - 1/14/2017

Alex
    Participant

I would delete that post. Can't disclose specific topics/questions that were on your exam.

AUD - 90
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 84
    REG - 86
    Ninja only!
    NeedsA75
    Participant

Yea that's pretty damn specific LOL. I'll just say my sims were much different than that

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.