Have you ever seen a job posting like “Full-time Audit Associate Fall 2024?”

• Creator
    Topic
    fauntleroy7
    Participant

I’m still waiting for my REG result and started to look up some job postings on accounting firms.

I keep seeing that the titles of many of them start with like: “Associate (or intern) – Summer/Fall 2023 (or 2024)”

What does it mean exactly? Does it mean that I will start working in Summer/Fall 2024 if I get hired this year and wait for more than a year?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    DeterminedDaph
    Participant

For the most part… for the larger accounting firms, the answer is yes. They typically hire an year in advance and they recruit directly from schools. You would have to attend recruiting events, meet people already working at the firms, and then apply for a job that will start next year if you're looking for an entry level public accounting position at one of the larger firms.

Starting over... yet again. BUT THIS TIME WILL BE THE LAST!

BEC: 76 (lost credit), 83 (lost credit again)

AUD: 56,68,72,68,75 (lost credit)

REG: 64 (fail)

FAR: scheduled 12/7/2022

adam
    Participant

It is common for accounting firms to hire new employees, including interns and associates, several months in advance of the start date for their positions. This allows the firm to plan for their staffing needs and for the new hire to have sufficient time to prepare for the role.

In this case, the title of the job posting that you mentioned indicates that the position is for the summer or fall of 2023 or 2024. If you are hired for this position, you would likely start working at the firm at some point during the summer or fall of 2023 or 2024, depending on the specific date specified in the job posting or in your offer letter.

It is also possible that the firm may offer you the opportunity to start working with them in a different capacity, such as through a part-time internship or other temporary role, before your official start date as an associate or intern. This could be a good way for you to get a feel for the firm and for the firm to get to know you better before you begin your full-time position.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.