April 29, 2021 at 10:44 pm #3299974LCSParticipant
I am in the process of applying for my CPA license in PA, and I have one question. It says under the application checklist that we will need a CPA verifier to verify our work experience. Do you guys know how this works? Do I need to find an active CPA to help me with this?
Thanks!April 30, 2021 at 10:15 am #3300361monikerncParticipant
Answers to questions like these can always be found in a state board’s rules and regs. Good luck! 🍀
PA Accountancy Act:
Before an individual may be issued a certificate, the board shall be satisfied that the individual has completed at least one year of experience that:
(1) was completed within sixty months preceding the date of application for a certificate;
(2) included providing any type of service or advice involving the use of accounting, attest, compilation, management advisory, financial advisory, tax or consulting skills, which were gained through employment in government, industry, academia or public practice;
(3) was of a caliber satisfactory to the board; and
(4) was verified by an individual with a current license to practice public accounting as a certified public accountant or public accountant in this Commonwealth or another state.May 2, 2021 at 11:45 pm #3302986May 3, 2021 at 9:25 am #3303004monikerncParticipant
You’re welcome. I had a non-supervisor CPA licensed in CA verify my experience for my license in MT. Sounds like PA is similar. My verifier is someone I met while working and discovered we were both studying for the CPA exam and we have been acquaintances ever since. If you have the experience you should be able to find a CPA to work with you on your experience verification. My supervisor and verifier worked together on getting it done but it did not take a lot of their time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.