REG Study Group April/May 2013

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    LSNYC

Hi all! Reg is next for me, there is a chance I did not pass FAR but my brain needs a break from FAR so REG it is. My plan is to sit around mid April. I will apply for my NTS after I get my FAR score. I am using Gleim, Wiley book, Wiley test bank and NINJA notes (may add audio as well) Happy studying and hopefully we can all help each other out.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

gobias

Finishing up R1 today. I think the individual tax chapters will be toughest for me because I took my college class on it so long ago. Blaw and business entity taxes were both within the past year.

F - 86
    R - 90
    A - 97
    B - 91

MCLKT
    Participant

Let the games begin… pending a FAR pass 🙂

LSNYC – does Gleim have lectures?

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

LSNYC

MCKLT they do have videos I wouldnt really call them lectures… I liked them a lot for aud and bec, didn't love for far, but that might just be far. I start listen/watch Tuesday I'll let you know what I think of the reg ones.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

soxfan866

Well, REG is up next for me as well. Using Becker and taking the exam on April 1st. Guess I'm one of the guinea pigs for the April/May window. Hoping that I'll have the opportunity to go 4 for 4 on the exam pending the results of my BEC exam taken yesterday. It'll definitely be tough though as tax is one of my weaker points. Best of luck to those taking it this window!

REG is next for me (pending AUD of course). Let's do it together!

I'm still not clear on the date of test – will know for sure by the end of this month. Possibly will sit around MCKLT's time or a bit earlier.

Anyone who is reviewing with Becker? So far looks like Soxfan is using it.

It would be great to tag along the 8 Reg chapters. I've already previewed ch 1 and must say that is a lot of stuff crammed into it, but on the other hand, a lot of it of just basics like filing status, etc.

So excited to start this yet new book and make a progress toward “CEEPEEEYEAH”!

@Peetree, where are you dude? I know we are not “officially” starting till Monday, so hoping to see you passing FAR and participating here.

Becker Class of Jan - Aug 2013: FARB DONE!!!!
    CPA license pending 🙂

MerMer03

Hi All,

I just finished R3 lecture. I started studying for reg before I found out I failed audit back in Jan. I'm using Becker and Ninja notes and plan to take the exam early July so I get a chance to re-take audit before the exam changes.

Any tips on how to study for reg?

MerMer03

Hi All,

I just finished R3 lecture. I started studying for reg before I found out I failed audit back in Jan. I'm using Becker and Ninja notes and plan to take the exam early July so I get a chance to re-take audit before the exam changes.

Any tips on how to study for reg?

MCLKT
    Participant

I can't look at FAR one more second. I've decided pass or fail, I will be committed to REG and BEC. I'll return to FAR in the fall if need be.

I chose 5/14 to make it in at the end of wave 2 with hopes of getting my score in a reasonable time (5/23'ish)

Soxfan – be aware if you sit on 4/1 you will be waiting over a month to get your score (5/3-5/6). It may be worth a thought to get a few extra days in to study and shorten the wait.

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

lspills88

Hello REG friends! I'm taking REG on April 11th (while working full time during tax season…you don't have to tell me how crazy I am haha)! I have been studying since February 18th. I'm waiting for my 3rd score (BEC) which I took Feb 15th! Good luck to everyone!

FAR 11/19/12 - 86
    AUD 1/7/13 - 87
    BEC 2/15/13 - 86
    REG 4/11/13 - TODAY!

Hi Everyone,

I am taking REG on 1st April and this will be my 2nd attempt. I got bad 72 in FEB attempt. Will start with R1 today..I scored comparable and weaker in MCQ so my target is to go to STRONGER section because how much i try for SIMS on the exam day they are tougher and tougher.

Using Becker and Wiley Test Bank.

rbcpa
    Participant

Hi CPA gang,

Waiting on the AUD score that I took yesterday. Starting to study for REG today and have it scheduled for April 30. I do not work, do you think thats too long on REG?

I am using the wiley test bank, becker 2013, and the ninja audio / notes.

=]

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

LSNYC

MCKLT I'm with you pass or fail I'm doing reg now. I will go back to far after if I have to.

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys, I'm with you all this round. I got my Becker and the 10 Point Combo. So, I'm all set!

I hope to get through about a chapter a week and sit sometime in late May. I'd love to sit sooner, but I seem to take a while to get through the chapters.

Anyway, hi everyone! 🙂

soxfan866

Oh, I am well aware of the lengthy wait time MCLKT. I do appreciate the reminder though! I've been plugging away at the exam since mid-December when I graduated and have just about had enough. Gotta keep telling myself that the pain is only temporary and a CPA is forever. The sooner I finish the sooner I can move on to my summer job, and at this point I would take just about anything over studying! As much as I enjoy the company of my good friends Peter Olinto and Tim Gearty, I'd much rather be with people who I can actually socialize with rather than listen to ramble on about accounting.

All kidding aside, I do know that I'm pretty lucky to have the time to be able to blow through this dang exam, but I'm willing to do anything to expedite the process. That includes waiting about 5 weeks for my (hopefully) last score. It will be a long 5 weeks for sure, but it'll be worth it once it's (hopefully) over.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.