Official October/November 2010 Score Release Thread - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 7,656 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Fighting Illini CPA
    Participant

I can do it,

Good luck to you too on your score and re-take! Didn't it suck having to re-open the REG materials? Once I got going, I realized I really wasn't that prepared the first time around. Hopefully, this time I'll rock it! Hope you do too. We're gonna be right back here around Christmas waiting for our REG scores…haha!

FAR 91
    AUD 86
    BEC 84
    REG 74, 75!

I can do it cpa
    Participant

Fighting Illini CPA,

I couldn't agree with you more about restudying REG material. I realized how I just memorized my practice questions and answers rather than fully understanding it! But it can also be our advantage since we both know how to cover our previous weeknesses! I will go rock REG after you do on 17th! =)

IL
    FAR-80 |BEC-85 |REG-72,82|AUD-81 |Ethics-Done
    Getting it done in 2010! -> GOT IT DONE IN 2010

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can't take it anymore, time is going so slow now… damn it !

Liz317
    Participant

So…I've never done this before…will I get an email saying my scores are posted or do I just have to refresh the site a million times?

FAR - 92 --- AUD - 87 --- REG - 80 --- BEC - 87
    A licensed CPA in Louisiana!!!

Dear CPA Exam, You are a beast. But you WILL be defeated!

jean3019
    Participant

@Liz317

welcome, i am doing that for about 2 years now. and this is the most frustrating thing in the CPA, the WAIT.

F5 will become your best friend for the next few days, but being around other people waiting like us makes it alot easier.

good luck:)

BEC 77(expired), 84
    AUD 85
    FAR 80
    REG 67, 81

Liz – depending on what state you are in the process might be a little different. NASBA sites seem to post the scores after 10:00PM a day after AICPA releases them. Some independent states post the very next morning, Cali even posts on Saturday if the AICPA releases Friday. (not sure if any other states do). Some only snail mail results and from what I've read Wisconsin has to wait until all the exams are graded before any are released and there's only a *final wave* at the end of the testing quarter.

That being said I'm really bummed the result watch doesn't work anymore, & I've had good luck waiting till the next morning to check my results so I'll be attempting that this quarter since I'll likely get results and test within a day or two. Probably shouldn't waste time with the F5 this time.

For my last exam, I'm definitely hanging out all night until I get results, and hopefully having a celebration drink after! 🙂

FAR - 87
    AUD - 88
    BEC - 88
    REG - waiting

jean3019
    Participant

are we there yet?

BEC 77(expired), 84
    AUD 85
    FAR 80
    REG 67, 81

jwake1
    Participant

What time of the day are the scores usually available (I am waiting on BEC from CT wave 1 and FAR wave 1?

BEC: 85 (10/1)
    FAR: 97 (10/28)
    AUD: 92 (11/30)
    REG: 1/5/11

Anonymous
    Inactive

night time !! I can't wait already !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jwake1… I am from CT as well… If AICPA releases scores today than we will see the scores Monday night for BEC

We will find out in the afternoon if AICPA released something or not.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took AUD on Nov. 8th. Do you think there is any chance that my scores will be in the 1st wave? If so how will I know the cut off date or will I just have to anxiously check my mailbox everyday? I really do not want to wait until around X-mas to find out how I did!!!

Trevor
    Participant

Morning everyone,

Just wanted to remind/inform everyone that NASBA recently updated when they tell us they have received the AICPA scores.

What used to happen (for the new ppl's info):

The AICPA would release scores to NASBA and NASBA would tweet that day that they had received the scores. The next morning the Indie states (CA, VA, and some others) would receive there scores. Then later that night 10:15pm EST the rest of the NASBA scores would be released. So you would have to wait a day and a half after knowing NASBA has your score to get your score.

What happens now?

The AICPA will release to NASBA, but NASBA will not tweet that same day. Instead they do a facebook thing at about 10:05am EST the following day (thus we do not “know” NASBA has the scores when they have then). They will then later tweet this message, normally about noon or so. By the time all of this happens CA will have already received their scores and that is how we know what has been released. For us on the east coast, CA normally receives there scores at about 8:30am EST so we should know about 1.5 hrs before NASBA releases the information that they have scores.

What does this do?

1. I think it is beneficially for us… we do not worry about it for that extra night, we will find out scores will be released the day they will be released…

2. Stops a ton of phone calls to NASBA… they cut off a more than 12 hr period where they used to get an alarming number of phone calls.

3. The result of fewer calls should keep the fees where they are… With the increasing number of candidates, the number of calls would tend to increase meaning more administrative fees for NASBA. Eventually they would have to raise the price of the tests.

Now when you hear CA has their scores (prediction tomorrow morning) you will be able to check the loophole for many states. At that time it SHOULD work, but no gaurantees… I would wait for someone to say they can re-register in your state before you get excited that you passed because you cannot. Last window the loophole DID start working on a Saturday, in prior windows we did not think that was the case. We used to want to wait till Monday to be sure…

Keep in mind that NASBA is aware of the loophole and is “fixing” the issue. This has been said for 2 testing windows now, but has not been fixed. Generally if someone can re-register and you cannot you are all set. Make sure you know that they are from your state to be sure. The loophole does not work in everystate, but I know it does in most.

I will end by saying, Good Luck to you all – Wish you the best, but most of all keep smiling knowing that one day you will be a CPA!

BEC: 73,81(7/6/2010); AUD: 75(5/24/2010); FAR: 76(8/31/2010); REG: 77 (10/18/2010) - DONE!!!!

michelle119
    Participant

And to add to that Trevor, thanks for the lengthy post…. you used to be able to call NASBA to see if they got your score, as of Wave 2 last quarter, they changed this and would not tell you anything besides the fact that you would get the score at the end of the black out month. So I would say no to bother as it just is more frustrating to yourself to call and learn not much else. Have a great weekend everyone and best of luck in score releases!!

FAR 7/2 - 88
    BEC 7/30 - 87
    AUD 8/27 - 80
    REG 11/12 - 96

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeff: Any whispers this morning?

Trevor
    Participant

Thanks Michelle!

Also good luck, I am pulling for you. I thought I was a motivated person, but I have nothing on you! Grad school and CPA exam = not fun… Very impressed to say the least. Again, good luck not just on the exam, but grad school and life – you are going places no doubt!

BEC: 73,81(7/6/2010); AUD: 75(5/24/2010); FAR: 76(8/31/2010); REG: 77 (10/18/2010) - DONE!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 7,656 total)
  • The topic ‘Official October/November 2010 Score Release Thread - Page 3’ is closed to new replies.