BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 9

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

Did you find the Roger MCQ similar in terms of concept on the exam? Also are there parts of concepts that roger CPA don't cover that i should be worried about?

Joe
    Participant

@TRAMAINE ROBINSON I have both Rogers and Becker (I am taking a graduate course with Devry and they require that I use Becker) while I like Roger's lectures and method of teaching I found the MCQ to be significantly less difficult than Beckers. It was a shock when I compared the MCQ in Rogers vs. the MCS in Becker. Anyone had the same experience?

Holly
    Participant

I use Becker and NINJA MCQ and I think that is a great combo

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

That makes me nervous hearing that. I hope roger and Ninja MCQ's is enough!

JMG
    Participant

I absolutely despise questions on currency, has to be the most confusing part of this section. I feel like the best way to answer these correctly is to pick the exact opposite of what your instincts tell you.

Holly
    Participant

@jmg wait until you get to FAR 🙁

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

Question: How long does it take for your initial application to be approved once materials have been submitted? My app has been submitted since March 5th

Anthony
    Participant

Depends on that state and just how swamped they are with applications. In my state, it took me about 2 month. 1 month for my school to send transcripts and another for them to go through, approve and send me the NTS.

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

So say it takes two months. Would it be better just waiting to start my studying? Because if I finish my studying within a month do you think it would be best to review for any additional 4-6 weeks? or should i wait to have a scheduled date to start?

Anthony
    Participant

If I were in your shoes, I would start with FAR and study while waiting for them to approve and send your NTS. Why? Because FAR has the most material and it will take you a while before you get through it all and review.

2 month just for BEC is a bit too much IMO. Jeff recommends about 4-5 weeks for BEC and that includes learning the material and reviewing it. It took me 18 days to pass and a total of 90hrs. 24-25 hrs of lecture watching and going over end of chapter question on CPAexcel and the rest on Ninja MCQ.

If you're dead set on BEC, then I suggest you don't wait and start now. It's better to over prepare than underprepared.

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

I wish i would of known that before. On my current application i signed up for BEC and AUD….

Paul
    Participant

@tramaineRobinson – Roger and Ninja MCQ will be enough. Focus on ninja MCQ..They are hard, at least for me.

@JOESERRONE
    I agree with you. Roger BEC MCQ are not as difficult. I can only use ninja mcq as a gauge though.

BEC 10/29/16
    FAR 11/26/16
    REG TBA
    AUD TBA

umitik
    Participant

Did anyone else noticed that Ninja MCQs are not updated for 2017 testing format (i.e. there is no TBS, just MCQ and WC)? :/

yehia
    Participant

I noted that Ninja has no TBS but i wonder who have , AICPA did not release any TBS for BEC so i guess no one have it but the core question is that MCQs bank test of NINJA is enough to face the new types of 2017 exam or it is just the same 2016 bank test , i hope to find that answer and your recommendations ( Am gona retake BEC 1st of May )

Holly
    Participant

I'm confused?? NINJA has simulations…

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 9’ is closed to new replies.