BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 7

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    JJ2992
    Participant

@elia sorry about the 74, I can only imagine how that feels. So you just used Ninja and got a 74? I think you should be ok with the old Roger cram flash and using Ninja again. The new exam just changed the format of the exam, not the material.

@mooseonloose
    yeah you can't copy, I tried that and even tried printing so I didn't have to rewrite a question I wanted to go back to and it doesn't let you :/

Anthony
    Participant

@ElliotB If you're thinking about asking for a re-score, don't even bother wasting your time and money on it. You're better off throwing your money in to a wishing well. All their going to do it make sure that they used the correct solution bank that aligns with the question sets you were given. There is no adding back points or re-grading.

https://www.aicpa.org/BECOMEACPA/CPAEXAM/PSYCHOMETRICSANDSCORING/SCOREREVIEWANDAPPEALS/Pages/default.aspx#communicated

mooseonloose
    Participant

I agree with @Anthony. score review is a waste of time. I think there 0% chance. We need to just accept it and move on. I also received a 73 and I am planning on murdering the book and MC in order to pass this.

HEPUNISH
    Participant

Are ninja MCQs really effective for the exam? i am already using Roger course.

Joe
    Participant

For those in the group that are using or have used Becker for their BEC prep and have already taken the exam, did you find Becker's questions much more difficult than the actual exam or harder than other prep courses? My school requires me to use Becker in order to receive full credit but I do have access to Rogers,and found that Rogers appears to have less difficult questions compared to Becker what are your thoughts?

mooseonloose
    Participant

I think Becker questions were fair. After taking my exam I came home to check my answers, I got three questions wrong that were similar to becker (just different numbers). I receive 73.

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

I have a question similar to that What about the Roger CPA review? When taking the exam did the MCQ's feel similar in terms of concept to the Roger CPA review MCQ's? And if you had a supplemental test bank like a ninja did you see a vast improvement in terms of your score oppose to just having one test bank? I know I'm asking a lot but BEC is my first exam so i want to know what to expect. Any advice a be greatly appreciated.

mooseonloose
    Participant

I believe roger questions are easier than the actual exam questions. Ninja question are really hard compare to the actual but there are a lot of questions on Ninja that are similar to Becker.

Paul
    Participant

Whats going on everyone. I am back again for a retake. Studied the first time for about four weeks and failed with a 61 back in November. I work full time and on average spent about 28 hours a week until my past BEC exam date come along. I used Roger to prepare the first time. This time I did a review with Roger and will mostly use Ninja MCQ and video. 2 weeks ago I was answering ninja MCQ and have a trending score of 51% so This past week I stopped doing MCQ and watched all the Bisk videos and took notes. I also write out about 64-65 formulas every day to get familiar with what they entail. I plan to dive back into MCQ starting tomorrow to further review.

Looking forward to shooting ideas with my fellow test takers Q2, best of luck to you all.

BEC 10/29/16
    FAR 11/26/16
    REG TBA
    AUD TBA

mooseonloose
    Participant

SupraCpa when is your exam? I am taking my exam in two weeks. i will start my review phase tomorrow.

Paul
    Participant

@mooseonloose I haven't set a date for it yet. I plan on mid April.

BEC 10/29/16
    FAR 11/26/16
    REG TBA
    AUD TBA

Paul
    Participant

@mooseonloose How are your feeling?

BEC 10/29/16
    FAR 11/26/16
    REG TBA
    AUD TBA

Holly
    Participant

I just got my BEC book in yesterday. Man it feels good to have this thinner book after looking at FAR!!

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

mooseonloose
    Participant

@supra I feel prepared but when I think about the sims, I lose hope lol.
    HRsexton, are you using Becker?

Holly
    Participant

@mooseonloose yeah I'm using Becker.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 7’ is closed to new replies.