BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 32

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    hayescp
    Participant

Hey All,

I am registered to take BEC tomorrow and began studying on 05/15/17 (15 days ago). My goal was to get an exam finished in between graduation and the black out window. I have managed probably between 60-80 hours of preparation. I am using Becker and got exactly a 75 on both my mock exams and I average an 87% across all my progress tests (out of 242 total questions) with a 96% on my most recent one which was 31 questions covering all 6 chapters. Based on all of the preceding, do I stand a chance of passing tomorrow? I am nervous that my mock exam scores may be inflated as Becker's mock written communication portions gave me 100% across all six that I completed (in other words I am worried that Becker's system does not grade, or at least to the same extent as the official exam, the WC portions).

Thank you for any/all help/guidance/moral support.

A1lessio
    Participant

Turbo-the sims were very doable. I had no crazy calculations or comparing multiple years. As look as you know the material you should be ok. Definitely a few educated guesses and I missed one calculation but overall not bad.

Hayescp – those are very good scores. I think the Becker sims were much harder than the actual. I scored 75% and 80% on the practice test mcqs and bombed the sims.

With the previous versions of the exam I would score between 69-74% on Becker practice test and then get in the 80s on the actual. Unfortunately not sure if the same applies with this new format.

AUD (08/02/2016)

Teal
    Participant

Heading out to take the test! Is everyone else taking it today, or in Q3?

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

I'll be taking it in about 2 hours. Going over some formulas and some IT stuff here at the last second. Here's hoping the best for all of us!

hayescp
    Participant

Just took BEC. I feel very confident! Before going into any detail, what all am I allowed to say on here? Can I talk about my perception of the difficulty level of various testlets?

Thanks,

-Hayescp

jeff
    Keymaster

Closing thread – see everyone in the new study group.

Viewing 6 replies - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 32’ is closed to new replies.