BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 31

• This topic has 471 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeff.
  • Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
Viewing 15 replies - 451 through 465 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    A1lessio
    Participant

Alli – How was the exam? Did you study using Becker?

Teal – My exam is on Tuesday, you think I should give the AICPA practice test a go? I was going to do the second Becker practice exam tomorrow.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84
    People who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men.

AUD (08/02/2016)

HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

@A1, I came accross this question using the Roger Test Bank.

Here is the explanation for the question

“Under absorption costing, inventory would include an allocation of fixed manufacturing overhead while, under variable costing, inventory would include no fixed costs. As a result, inventory, current assets, and total assets would all be higher under absorption costing than under variable costing. With higher total assets, stockholders' equity would be higher as well. Since current assets are greater under absorption costing, the current ratio would be greater than under variable costing. With beginning and ending inventory remaining unchanged at 5,000 units, profit would be the same under variable and absorption costing. Since absorption costing would have a higher stockholders' equity amount, the return on stockholders' equity would be lower for absorption than for variable costing.”

Also, I would give the AICPA practice test a shot. I did so just to take a look at the MCQs, none of the questions seemed insurmountable (though there was no IT; my Achilles heel). The SIMS were pretty reasonable as well.

"FACT": The odds of consecutively passing all four sections of the CPA exam on the first try: 7%.

Me: Hold my beer...

FAR (April 2017): 75+

BEC (May 2017): 75+

AUD (July 2017): 75+

REG (September 2017): 75+

Roger + Ninja Audio/MCQ/Notes (BEC & REG)

Im taking BEC in this week, but im having trouble with Material variances, when do you multiply the price variance to the budgeted amount and when do you multiply it against the variance amount?

BEC 70, 86
    AUD 55, 77
    REG 67, 71, 75
    FAR 54, 66, 76
    Done!!!

Im taking BEC in this week, but im having trouble with Material variances, when do you multiply the price variance to the budgeted amount and when do you multiply it against the variance amount?

BEC 70, 86
    AUD 55, 77
    REG 67, 71, 75
    FAR 54, 66, 76
    Done!!!
    A1lessio
    Participant

For Direct Material Variances put whatever they are asking for in the parenthesis and actual is always first.

DM Price Variance =QTY purchased (Actual Price – Standard Price)

DM Efficiency Variance = Standard Price (Qty Used – Standard Qty Allowed)

It's determining the standard amounts that's I find difficult.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84
    People who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men.

AUD (08/02/2016)

A1lessio
    Participant

dontmakemeaudityourass – I just went through the last section of B4 – Variance Analysis in the Becker Book. It's only 14 pages, but I think spending 2 hours on it and doing all the examples helped clear it up a lot up.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84

AUD (08/02/2016)

A1lessio
    Participant

Does anyone know where the Becker lecture on the Essay portion of exam is located? I would like to listen to it at least once before the exam.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84

AUD (08/02/2016)

dave
    Participant

@A1lessio, i asked the same question before. I sent an email to Becker's Academic help email, but they have yet to answer me. Luckily I have the 2016 app on my iphone which still has the old study material, including the written communications lecture. Maybe if you still have it or if you can still download it from the app store you can view it. Hope this helps.

Teal
    Participant

@A1lessio Honestly, I find the other tests to be better practice. The AICPA exam doesn't even give you the reasoning behind the answers!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

A1lessio
    Participant

Just took the second Becker practice Test. I scored 80% on the MCQ and 30% on the sims….. They are so hard! If the real sims are this hard, I'm screwed. Everyone I spoke to said the sims weren't that bad.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84

AUD (08/02/2016)

rwglapalma
    Participant

I know this may be a dumb questions, but for anyone with experience with BEC, do they provide any formulas or do I need to memorize all of them?
    Thank you!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 87
    REG - 83
    "Stay ready so you don't need to get ready"

¿Listo? ¡Siempre!

Teal
    Participant

Memorize them!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

rwglapalma
    Participant

Thank you! @Teal Geiger

AUD - 79
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 87
    REG - 83
    "Stay ready so you don't need to get ready"

¿Listo? ¡Siempre!

A1lessio
    Participant

Took BEC today. Overall I think I did better than last time.

The MCQs were primarily IT and COSO stuff. Some of the IT was really basic, but other stuff I had no idea. Most of the IT stuff I had no idea. I had a few harder calculations relating to financial mgmt in Testlet 2. They weren't straight forward and kind of tricky, but I got them right. I honestly don't think I did great on the MCQs. The sims are the only reason I think I may have a shot at passing. They were all very straight forward, 2 DRS, and pretty basic calculations. Noting like the Becker practice exam sims which took 45 Mins each.

Do we know if the AICPA is putting practice questions on the exam for testing purposes only? I think on the old exam there were 12 questions that didn't count. Does the same apply now?

For the IT – I don't know how you're suppose to prepare for that. I think as long as you know the core topics (coso,econ, etc) and can solve the harder problems, it's ok if you get a few really random IT questions wrong.

I AM FINALLY DONE …studying for 3 months

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84

AUD (08/02/2016)

HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback A1. I think the consensus around the CPA candidate community is that IT/COSO is heavily tested, so there's not surprise to see another candidate come back with the same thoughts.

I took the Roger practice exam last night and scored in the mid-80s, so I'm expecting the exam to be at least on par with Roger's practice exam if not harder. I know you can't divulge too much on the nature of the exam, but would you say that the SIMS are doable if I haven't practiced much beyond the practice exam (it had 2 or 3 DRS the others required calculations and identification of elements of cost accounting).

Your experience sounds encouraging, overall. Here's hoping you passed! Now go enjoy life for a few months before the exam scores are released 🙂

"FACT": The odds of consecutively passing all four sections of the CPA exam on the first try: 7%.

Me: Hold my beer...

FAR (April 2017): 75+

BEC (May 2017): 75+

AUD (July 2017): 75+

REG (September 2017): 75+

Roger + Ninja Audio/MCQ/Notes (BEC & REG)

Viewing 15 replies - 451 through 465 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 31’ is closed to new replies.