BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 25

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    emackCPA
    Participant

I believe it goes to what the question is asking for. “NPV at sell off” means not costs beyond. “NPV” alone means with cost after. “Relative sales value” is not costs beyond as well.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

emackCPA
    Participant

Oh and I mean NRV not NPV haha. Staying up late too much. 🙂

jeff
    Keymaster

New Podcast – I'll be doing another one Wednesday-ish if you have any study questions.

CPA Reviewed #79 – CPA Exam Study Motivation with August Score Release

Anonymous
    Inactive

Asking for a friend:

“I have 14 days to study for BEC. Do you think I can pass doing just NINJA MCQ's for 12 hours a day?”

A1lessio
    Participant

This girl at work passed BEC in 11 days. 1 chapter every 2 days with no review… good luck.

Why not move it to July?, What's the rush?

AUD (08/02/2016)

Anonymous
    Inactive

He says he has weddings to attend to in from the 2nd week of June so he wouldn't really have that much time to study anyways. I told him its possible to pass in 14 days doing 12 hours of ninja mcqs

A1lessio
    Participant

Does anyone have a website or link to budget variances in the tabular format. Becker gives us the formulas for DM, DL, VOH, FOh and they're great, but I want to take the time to memorize the big table which shows Actual, flexible, Master budget and all the different variances that go with it.

In college I would always use the table

AUD (08/02/2016)

yuraRay
    Participant

Hello,

Please let me know what you think, which test bank is the best?

JJ2992
    Participant

Has anyone else tested recently and can share their experience??

Teal
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what the rule for spot rates are again? Someone explained it on here really well the last time I was studying, but can't find the post! IT was like when to use certain rates and really simplified.

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

Yolanda2017
    Participant

Does anyone know why the gain on sale of old van is irrelevant? It is a gain and affects the cash flow…Very confused…How should I recognize relevant costs?

Management at MDK Corp. is deciding whether to replace a delivery van. A new delivery van costing $40,000 can be purchased to replace the existing delivery van, which cost the company $30,000 and has accumulated depreciation of $20,000. An employee of MDK has offered $12,000 for the old delivery van. Ignoring income taxes, which of the following correctly states relevant costs when making the decision whether to replace the delivery vehicle?

A.Purchase price of new van, disposal price of old van, gain on sale of old van

B.Purchase price of new van, purchase price of old van, gain on sale of old van

Correct C.Purchase price of new van, disposal price of old van

D.Purchase price of new van, purchase price of old van, accumulated depreciation of old van, gain on sale of old van, disposal price of old van

Holly
    Participant

@Yolanda2017 I think it's because the question specifically says – ignoring income taxes. The gain is only an income tax issue.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Holly
    Participant

For those using Becker could you look at CPA – 03850 and tell me why we use the annual planning as the standard and not the month, then use the planned output instead of the actual but then turn around and compare it to the month plan? I think I just have a mental block with this question.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Joe
    Participant

I took my BEC Exam today and as many of you know I cannot divulge any information related to the test itself and its content, my question to the group (especially anyone that already took the new version of BEC). I feel that Becker did not properly prepare me for the test, I found the test much different than Becker and wanted to see if anyone felt the same and how this might change your future study plans for the other parts. I felt that I spent way to much time really learning the MCQ in Becker that were so much detailed, but not reflective of the real thing.

Holly
    Participant

I haven't taken the new version yet, but based on the last version, I felt that Becker was great at preparing me. I do agree that Becker's MCQ is very wordy and much more involved than most of the actual questions, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Viewing 15 replies - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 25’ is closed to new replies.