BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 17

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Joe
    Participant

@tncincy If you stress about failing you are going to end up doubting yourself, which will result in loss of confidence, which will most likely result in failing. I always believed in theory of Self Fulfilling Prophecies… If you go in that exam room thinking you are not prepared, stressed, and anxious you will most likely fail. All you can do is study hard, and give it all you have on test day, but most of all you need to believe that you can pass this beast of an exam!

Tncincy
    Participant

Thank you Joe…I really appreciate your encouragement. Sometimes it helps to get it out, but I'm in…studying hard, and getting those thoughts out of my mind. I'm giving it all I have, and I will not lie to myself either, If I don't study, there is no use. I'm fine today, logged in and going at it.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

jonm857
    Participant

Question about effective annual percentage rate… becker says in the annotated notes that it is equal to:

(1 X effective periodic rate)^# of periods

Shouldn't it be (1 PLUS effective periodic rate)^# of periods??

B - 81
    A - 87
    R - 73
    F - July 5th

Joe
    Participant

My text on B1-39 states Effective Annual Interest = [1+(1/p)^P]-1 where i is the stated interest rate and p is the compounding periods per year

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jonm857 I copied my B1-39 exactly. Effective Annual Interest Rate = [1+(i/p)]^p-1

Anonymous
    Inactive

@tncincy I'm right there with you freaking out!! 3 days until my exam. I know I won't feel 100%, but I'm hoping all my studying will pay off! My mock exam scores are really getting me worried. haha!

jonm857
    Participant

Good luck @ChasinCPA

I'm taking mine on Friday. I'm really struggling with the marginal analysis section in Ch. 4 (becker). Opportunity costs seems like a simple concept, but something just isn't sticking with the MCQs. It's really annoying.

Anybody have any tips for this section? I'm doing all of the questions and have gotten half of them wrong. Just going to keep working them til it sticks.

B - 81
    A - 87
    R - 73
    F - July 5th

k93
    Participant

What have you guys scored for the first Becker practice exam?

I scored a 50%, but Becker scored one of TBS wrong even though it had the correct answer? The question was asked using a whole numbers ( 1,400,000 instead of 1400 mill) and no where in the question did it ask for that format, but it marked my correct answers wrong because I answered 440,000 instead of 440. I recalculated my score counting it as correct and my score should have been 69. This is the lowest that I have scored on the practice exams, so it is making me very nervous!

Madam Secretary
    Participant

hey ninjas. am i the only one hearing some noise behind the video lecture of BEC 3 M1 COST ACCOUNTING part 1 module?

or its just me being paranoid..

Holly
    Participant

There's definitely noise

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Anonymous
    Inactive

@k93 The same thing happened to me last night! I was so frustrated. I was scanning the question over and over trying to figure out where they told me to express the answers in thousands. So I ended up considering them “correct” and added them back into my score. Lol I needed to confidence booster!

@madam secretary Yes, those lectures were driving me nuts. As if it's not difficult enough to struggle through an Angie Brown lecture… it sounded like she kept hitting her microphone over and over. Becker, nothing but the best.

teejaypark
    Participant

Hi, I have a question about EVA:

Zig Corp. provides the following information:

Pretax operating profit: $300,000,000
    Tax rate: 40%
    Capital used to generate profits 50% debt, 50% equity: $1,200,000,000
    Cost of equity: 15%
    Cost of debt: 5%
    Which of the following represent Zig’s year-end economic value-added amount?

A. $0
    B. $60MM
    C. $120MM
    D. $180MM

I got $72MM by calculation after-tax WACC as:
    Debt: $1.2B x 50% x (1-40% tax) x 5% = $18MM
    Equity: $1.2B x 50% x 15% = $90MM

Therefore, NOPAT of $180MM – $108MM = $72MM.

The answer stated $60MM, which did not include the tax effect on the debt portion of WACC.
    Is this question incorrect? I believe the debt portion should include the after tax effects in the calculation.

Thanks.

emackCPA
    Participant

Not sure what program you are using for studying but I am using Becker and my question specifically states that the “Cost of deb 5%” is already after tax in brackets. Could be possible that was left off on that question. But I agree with you that if tax was not applied already to the cost of debt it would need to be applied.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all!

This will be my first CPA Exam! I am excited to start this journey, but also a little scared. I take it May 31st.

How do you use Becker and Ninja Audio+Notes together to study? First do Becker module, then rewrite Ninja Notes, and finally listen to the Audio?

IS 6 WEEKS ENOUGH TIME TO STUDY FOR BEC? I WILL BE STUDYING 30 HOURS EVERY WEEK

I know I asked a lot of questions, but if someone could take the time to answer them all I would be sooooo grateful

Please help (study tips welcome)

jeff
    Keymaster

Test Your Might:

Viewing 15 replies - 241 through 255 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 17’ is closed to new replies.