BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 14

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For the past 5 years, I was always telling myself I need to take the CPA but lack of determination and implementation. Now I want to start again. This time should be serious. I choose to begin with BEC and hope it could give me some confident to continue the journey. Actually I passed BEC once but that's about 7 years ago. I know exam content and structure changed a lot.I am thinking of taking the exam in late May. I want to use Wiley and NINJA. Will this work?

soft serve
    Participant

Never take BEC exam before, I wonder how you guys allocate the time for the new exam? There is also 15 mins break (clock stop). How to use it?

mooseonloose
    Participant

I have 5 days left until my exam…I still don't know the format of the new exam. is it:

first testlet: 31MC
    second testlet: 31MC
    third testlet : 2 Sim
    15 minutes break
    fourth testlet: 3 sims
    fifth testlet: 3 wc

?

HEPUNISH
    Participant

Perfect ! good luck for the exam !:)

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

Question: If you struggle with a certain chapter for a extensive period of time and get through the chapter. When doing your final review would you try to do as many questions relating to that topic? Or just reread through the material to “better” understand the concepts? I've tried both to no avail and ps it's chapter 3 and the numerous formulas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nutcracker2016
    Participant

@mooseonloose everything is right except fourth TBS is 2 sims. Not three sims that's what Roger says in BEC final review.

Tncincy
    Participant

Hope study is going well for everyone. I'm beginning to feel the anxiety again :-(. taking a deep breathe and starting to re-write my flash cards today. Starting my mcq's too….I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this book. But I listened to a good podcast tip to do sets of 20 until reaching 70-75% go from weak to strong. I am going to attack it that way and see if I feel any better after I finish re-writing my flash cards. I am really hating that book 🙁

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

When is your test date? And what book are you using?

HEPUNISH
    Participant

Hello guys, i am using Roger and planning to buy Ninja MCQs for practice ,so is it worth buying ?

Anthonia Keliojor
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone taking the exam soon? If so, can you post a comment and give an insight of what the new BEC Cpa is like?

Tncincy
    Participant

@ Tremaine, I'm using the Wiley book, ninja mcq's and my test date is 4/24 @1:30…..tips, tears, tissue welcomed.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

JJ2992
    Participant

@tncincy I'm right there with you…I'm taking it 4/23. Kind of freaking out…BEC is no joke :/

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

@tcincy & @NYSB22 yeah your right for this to be the “easy” exam it doesn't feel like it. My exam is 5/8.

Joe
    Participant

I have scheduled my BEC test on May 15th

marine
    Participant

Please, anybody, help!
    The right answer is D. I understand that it is correct. But why answer A is incorrect?

The net present value (NPV) of a project has been calculated to be $215,000. Which one of the following changes in assumptions would decrease the NPV?

A.
    Decrease the estimated effective income tax rate.
    B.
    Decrease the initial investment amount.
    C.
    Increase the estimated salvage value.
    D.
    Increase the discount rate.

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 14’ is closed to new replies.