BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 13

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    loraine41
    Participant

3 weeks to go, testing 4/24.

Nutcracker2016
    Participant

Somebody here was asking for content guidelines in the new test. Here you go https://www.aicpa.org/BecomeACPA/CPAExam/nextexam/DownloadableDocuments/2017-CPA-Exam-Blueprints.pdf

JMG
    Participant

I haven't scheduled my exam yet but I'm looking at Friday, May 26th. That way I can enjoy Memorial Day weekend after I crush my exam (wishful thinking lol).

ineedthiscpa45
    Participant

May official Exam date is may 8th. Currently using Roger CPA review and ninja MCQ as a supplement.. Any suggestions on what to focus on reviewing?

yehia
    Participant

Am gona schedule BEC on 2nd week of next May , I hope to receive some candidates experience who applied on new system over here and i will do the same once i get out of exam , Hope best luck for every one over here , Am using Becker 2014 Bank test & Ninja (Is that enough or i have to go beyond??)

Joe
    Participant

Does anyone have an idea what the TBS in BEC is going to look like? I noticed that Rogers only briefly covers this at the beginning of the 2017 Book and Becker through my school only has the MCQ. Just wanted to get an idea what the TBS looked like.

Holly
    Participant

Good luck @chasinCPA and @NYSB22! I'm asking because there's very little activity here, especially about actual problems/questions.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Joe
    Participant

I found this link very useful for new candidates looking to have a full understanding of each part of the CPA Exam

Tncincy
    Participant

is it too much to look for videos of walk through of task based simulations. My mind is still stuck on the new version of the exam……Uggh

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Nicole Gambino
    Participant

Becker enrollees: Question… Has anyone noticed that the 2017 Becker questions are EXACTLY the same as the 2016 questions? I'm having a difficult time understanding how the structure and content of BEC has changed, yet the same questions have been released. Not only that – there really aren't a lot of TBS to study from. I would have expected a lot more considering TBS's are now a considerable part of the exam.

Any help would be great!

paogra2984
    Participant

Nicole,
    I have the same problem and it's frustrating to be searching the internet and wasting time to understand MCQ because there is no information on the software or textbook of becker.
    I'am taking BEC for the second time on MAY and I purchased the CPA BEC Hock international.

emackCPA
    Participant

I feel like the question bank has decreased or is that just me? Overall I am beyond worried about the material Becker gives you to prepare for the exam. Is anyone else seeing that amount of questions has gone down since 2016?

Nicole Gambino
    Participant

Yes! I have found that too. Overall, I think Becker is a scam. They do a good job at breaking down the material in their lectures but their questions aren't much like the exam. And this round of questions is 100% recycled from 2016.

Joe
    Participant

Nicole when you state that the questions aren't much like the exam can you expand on this? did you find the Becker questions harder than the exam? In a prior post I have noticed several participants saying that they found the questions Becker provides to be more difficult than the actual exam especially when you have questions that will involve eight to ten calculations in order to come up with the answer. I have to use Becker because my school does require it but I also have Rogers, and found the questions in the Rogers material much easier than Becker. But, would love to know a bit more about your experience with the Becker questions and why they aren't much like the exam. Actually I would love to know more about this from anyone in the group that share the same view.

Holly
    Participant

I haven't taken the new exam yet, but I think we are all freaking out a bit. The exam is just testing in a different way (different mix of information, more simulations which makes it tougher than choosing a multiple choice question) from what I understand. That said, Becker could be using questions from 5 years ago and it would still be just fine. I'm assuming the bank has gotten smaller because we will be tested on a smaller portion of MCQs. The Skills Practice section (which I haven't fallen in love with because you HAVE to listen to the whole lecture in there to get your completed percentage, even if you got 100% on the questions), I think, is their way of giving more TBS style questions that we will see.

I personally find Becker's questions to be more involved than the exam's and feel as though I have been prepared for my exams.

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 13’ is closed to new replies.