BEC Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 42

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Guess I’ll kick it off!

Scheduled to take BEC on 4/19. It’s my last test so I’m putting as much study time in as I can. If I pass I get promoted, if I don’t pass I don’t get promoted, so the pressure is on!!

Good luck to everyone taking BEC this quarter!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 616 through 630 (of 631 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Melans

MOved my exam to next testing window – B2 and B3 are killing me!

AUD 7/30/12 73; 12/2/13 85
    BEC 7/19/13 81
    REG 8/2/14 83
    FAR - Jan 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

@WhenISay – I had the same experience with Becker's final exams and the same feeling you do.

My scores:

Test 1: 83, 79, 91

Test 2: 83, 87, 71

I can only wish that the exam is more like exam #1 🙂

k1zuna

I got high 90's on final exam 1 and 70's on final exam 2. YAY…

FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    REG - 8/22/2013

TaRenee

Okay, so I JUST got home from my BEC exam…. my advice to everyone who hasn't taken it yet… hit the MCQs hard and review the IT section … and you should be well prepared.

I will be posting in the BEC exam experience thread in a moment….

REG [75] 02.27.13(1)
    AUD [82] 04.15.13(1)
    BEC [79] 05.29.13(1)
    FAR [62] 08.26.13(1) [76] 02.24.14(2) - God is able!!! 🙂

Licensed NC CPA

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ TaRenee I hope people in need see your post before it is deleted….hahaha

WhenISay

TaRenee, thanks for tip! I take mine at 1 tomorrow and at this point I just want to be on the other side of this exam. There's definitely still areas i'm weak in, but my cpa senioritis has kicked in and i'm just over it.

Just hoping I can give it enough tomorrow and be done with it! Good luck to everyone else taking it in the next two days!

FAR: 87 - 2/19/13
    REG: 91 - 4/2/13
    AUD: 99 - 5/2/13
    BEC: 87 - 5/30/13

posted this in the wrong thread

I guess the April/May study group thread is dead. I'm taking BEC on Friday and just finished Becker's first exam.

91s on all testlets, and I only attempted one out of three essays.

I feel the same way as I do before every section. If the questions are in my wheelhouse, then I'm good to go. But I also think there are some basic concepts that I'm not great on…and I can feasibly get pounded into oblivion.

For instance, COSO. I'm not studying it enough at all; I can't keep half of that frilly garbage straight.

gobias

Well I'm definitely less prepared for this test than any of the other three. I've just been too damn burnt out. I'm going to review B2 and B3 tomorrow and then let the chips fall where they may on Friday.

It's a shame because if this were my first test, I'm positive I'd crush it.

F - 86
    R - 90
    A - 97
    B - 91

Theo

I don't know whether it's because this is my last exam and I'm burnt out or whether this BEC stuff is just not interesting to me but I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it. My exam is in a few hours and I am definitely not ready. I just took my first Becker final exam practice and needless to say the scores aren't very encouraging. I am going to be studying up until the last minute before my exam (which I've never done before). I just feel like that's the only way I'm going to get some of these multiple choice questions (IT, Process and Project Management, etc. etc. etc) because I've never felt motivated to get it before. So hopefully I can remember it long enough to get through the exam later.

Good luck to everyone who still has to take BEC this window. Let's hope we don't have to look at this again.

AUD 01/17/2013 (92)
    REG 02/28/2013 (85)
    FAR 04/26/2013 (85)
    BEC 05/30/2013 (88)

MintsRGood
    Participant

Wow…you know it's coming down to the wire when your window's study group thread gets booted off the forum leader board for the next round of test takers!!!! Ha!!!!!

Good luck to everyone testing this week, GET IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

J

@MintsRGood… good luck tomorrow!

MintsRGood
    Participant

Thanks InterFC1!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEC is the dark horse of the CPA exam…that skinny Wiley textbook is deceiving!!!! On half the topics (Econ, IT, Corp. Gov., Performance Measures) I'm scoring in the 80's…the cost and CVP topics are in the 60's…YIKES. I'm a solid writer and do I feel somewhat relieved that the 15% from WC may help smooth out my rough spots on cost. It's touch and go but I'm giving it all I have until go time!!!! I've taken today off to cram/decompress/review and I'm testing at 1pm tomorrow. If I actually pass, it's going to be by the slimmest of margins…we shall see!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!! 🙂

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

J

@MintsRGood… absolutely correct with respect to the thin Wiley textbook; to be perfectly honest, that is one of the two reasons that I took BEC first! I'm serious… I originally had thought to do FAR first (that seems to be the general consensus) but had a chance to look at both of the Wiley books before ordering them and noticed that FAR was about three times the thickness of BEC. The other reason was that I felt like I had a strong enough business background with an MBA where I could get by with limited studying (I had less than 3 weeks) and once I passed the first one, I knew that I would get down to work on the others. Regardless, I am not joking when I say that at least 50% of my decision was based on the size of the Wiley book. 🙂

Anyway, I'm sure that you'll do fine… one of the differences between BEC and the others (aside from the different subject matters all incorporated into one section) is that a lot of the questions require some critical thinking, and I think that's what throws some people off; they have the knowledge to do a question but have never seen it in a particular format or asked in that manner, and they automatically think that it is something they've never seen…

WhenISay

Just got back from the exam. I feel like what people generally say is true. There's definitely Qs in there that are covered nowhere in Becker, but then also a mix of very easy definition questions. It went from easy to hard, hard (felt like giving up at the end). My only advice for the people taking it tomorrow is review the shit out of COSO IC, ERM, and IT. Good luck!

FAR: 87 - 2/19/13
    REG: 91 - 4/2/13
    AUD: 99 - 5/2/13
    BEC: 87 - 5/30/13

Panic mode engaged. Just finished Becker final exam 2 with 71, 67, 54. I have never done even close to that badly before on a Becker exam. Holy shit I thought I knew more than this. I thought I was cruising with straight 91s on the first practice.

Viewing 15 replies - 616 through 630 (of 631 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.