AUD Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 28

Viewing 15 replies - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone know what standards a CPA must adhere to while testifying as an expert witness in court?

M-audit

Screening and filtering candidates & training services for the clients (Would these 2 cases impair independence), also what is the meaning of participate statement !!

ready2baCPA

I plan to schedule my AUD exam for July 17th. If I just started studying using Yaeger. Then I'll incorporate the Ninja Notes and the Wiley Test bank. Is that enough time to get through all of the material?

FAR: 78 THANK YOU LORD!
    BEC: 75 THANK YOU LORD!
    AUD: 69 (August 2013), 70 (October 2013), 75!!! THANK YOU LORD!
    REG: 87!!!! AMEN AMEN, and AMEN!
    THANK YOU LORD, I'M DONE!

Ikile

One silly thing confuses me: I constantly keep mixing up these 2 assertions when answering Becker questions: valuation vs. right&obligation. Does anyone else on Earth have the same problem??

Ikile

@ Adamdenton1:

Wiley has the same question; it initially confused me because audit opinion is stated in the last paragraph, yet the auditor's responsibility is stated in the 1st paragraph; it makes sense but it certainly had me pick a wrong answer on my 1st try.

Ikile

@ Jeff – another71.com:

I LOVE your Ninja Blitz videos!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The auditor will NOT express an opinion on the effectiveness of IC over compliance.

Does this rule have any exception somewhere?

My thoughts are mixed up now. I've just learned about this integrated audit of issuers' FS which is composed of (1) FS audit & (2) audit of IC over compliance.{And an opinion on the effectiveness of IC would not be expressed??}

I hope someone can clarify this to me. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took the Auditing exam this morning and I feel pretty good about it…..let's hope my score reflects the confidence I have in my performance. It didn't appear to be bad at all. Anyway, good luck to everyone! I'll be sure to share my scores once I receive them. I'll probably take regulation In July. I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant so starting on REG right now would be a waste time.

A – 73 (2.16.13); Waiting on score (5.25.13)

F – 83 (4.13.13)

B – Waiting on score (5.18.13)

R – 78 (expired 2.29.12); retake (July 13)

*I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me*

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope you get good news Denshay…

I'm 2.5 hours out from my exam right now. I'm going to hit some lunch and then just review a few of the big concepts. This is when I wish I would have had more time to do solid notes through all the chapters. I took the first Becker Final exam just a few minutes ago and scored a composite 74.6%. Considering that I went through the test in about an hour and a half and really just rushed through it I don't feel too bad. I think its all going to be what materials I get hit with – I know I am weak in some of the A5 material (I/C, sampling) and governmental.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I am studying for AUD and I have noticed what seems to be inconsistencies in the Becker Material. So throughout A3 Tim repeatedly uses COVER U for all assertions.

It then breaks them down on Page A3-18

Transaction – Completeness, Cut Off, Accuracy, Classification, Occurrence

Balances – Completeness, Allocation & Valuation, RIghts & Obligation, Existence

Disclosures – Compl, Understandability & Class, Rights & Oblig, Valuation & Accuracy

So his mnemonics “COVEU”, “CVER”, “CVRU” for the three levels.

So I moved into chapter 4 and studied the transaction cycles and what I noticed is that the assertions dont match up.

For example, “Presentation & Disclosure” for the Revenue Cycle has assertions of:

Completeness

Valution, Accuracy AND Allocation

Rights, Obligations AND Occurrence

Understandability & Classification

So his Mnemonic is “CVRU” for disclosures, but revenue (and many other cycles) have additional assertions such as allocation and occurrence in this case.

Do we really need to memorize every single assertion as it pertains to every single class for every single transaction cycle? How on earth can one remember and differentiate that?

Overall, I understand the assertions and what they pertain to and how to test for them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Adamdenton1 – Thanks, I hope you get good news regarding your AUD exam as well.

@AMISADMRFIRSALA – I personally wouldn't waste time trying to memorize every single assertion. If you understand the assertions, what they pertain to, and how to test for them then you're in good shape! Best of luck to you on your exam.

A – 73 (2.16.13); Waiting on score (5.25.13)

F – 83 (4.13.13)

B – Waiting on score (5.18.13)

R – 78 (expired 2.29.12); retake (July 13)

*I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me*

N. Alex

@ denshay08

Good Luck on your exam and congratulations on the coming bundle of joy!!

@ Adamdenton1 I hope you did well on the exam

@ AMISADMRFIRSALA just remember the following and you will be fine regardless of the assertion cycle

Completeness: Account, transactions and disclosures (ALL)

Cut-off: Cut off

Valuation, allocation and accuracy: account, transaction, disclosures (ALL)

Existence and occurrence: Account and transactions

Rights and obligations: account and disclosures

Understandability and classifications: Transactions and disclosures

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jeff – another71.com

Great post– and nice slides!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@AMISADMRFIRSALA: As you see, they're pretty logical. I skimmed that whole section.

@ dfwguy: I've only seen this idea as a deterrent/ trick answer– CPAs do not provide lawyer services. I always (correctly) skipped that answer choice throughout all Becker MCQs

Financial interests that impair independence under SEC include loans to/from client etc (excluding banks etc)

ARE loans to/from a non issuer (private) client OK?

I know denshay08 already took her test but if a/o's confused about her q, I think it's like this: opinions on I/C ONLY with an integrated audit. All other instances (ex compilations, reviews etc) NO opinion

Newbe654

New to the site, hello everyone! Going to be taking AUD next July-Aug window. Just found out i passed FAR with a 75 on my first try taking it on April 30th. Definitely a fluke lol don't want to have to dive into that review material ever again. Hope your all taking advantage of a little extra study time this memorial day weekend like i am (if you have some extra time). Till next time. I'm bought to dive back into the A2 Becker, not looking forward to those inconsistencies your talking about AMISADMRFIRSALA stuff like that always slows me down…

Viewing 15 replies - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.