AUD Study Group April/May 2013 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    YESICAN2013

Shanta, I've already scheduled the test on April 1st. I am planning to study in the same way: Review the lecture, do homework, then review. I am starting right now, I do hope I can finish three chapters A1-A3 in the first week 03/02-03/10. I have flash cards, it is very helpful!

A - 59, 04/01/2013
    F - TBD
    B - TBD
    R - TBD

YESICAN2013

Shanta, I've already scheduled the test on April 1st. I am planning to study in the same way: Review the lecture, do homework, then review. I am starting right now, I do hope I can finish three chapters A1-A3 in the first week 03/02-03/10. I have flash cards, it is very helpful!

A - 59, 04/01/2013
    F - TBD
    B - TBD
    R - TBD

Shanta_J

@YESICAN2013 🙂 Sounds good!! I'm about to finish up my movie (I decided to treat myself after taking REG, lol) then I'm starting with Lecture 1. Have a great study session!

REG*75* 02.27.13(1)
    AUD*82* 04.15.13(1)
    BEC 05.29.13
    FAR 08.12.13

-Becker Self-Study-
    *Through God all things are Possible*

naptural80
    Participant

Audit Exam on April 1st. Best of luck to everyone!

FAR - 2/27/2015
    AUD - 4/10/2015
    REG - May 2015
    BEC - May 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taking AUD hopefully near the end of April then I'm gonna try to squeeze in REG at the very end of May but I definitely want to make sure I get AUD done in this window before the exam changes so that is priority #1

mcfly
    Participant

Hello, all. I'm currently studying for Audit, hoping to take it on 4/20. I am a tax accountant working full time, so I feel kinda crazy for trying to do this right now! But I have been putting a half-hearted effort into this exam for over a year, and I am finally tired of complaining about how much I don't like studying for this test. I figured out that the only way to put this behind me is to DO something about it.

I passed REG on my first attempt (my job prepared me for a LOT of it) last summer, but I didn't pass FAR or AUD in the fall. I retook FAR in February, and now I'm anxiously waiting for my score. I feel a lot better about it than I did the first time around, but I also know that I could have put in more effort, so I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

I've finally come to the realization that I'm tired of walking in to the testing center feeling unprepared, so I'm not going to let it happen again! Whether or not I passed FAR this last time, I'm moving full speed ahead towards the finish line. After wading through a whole lot of self-doubt I've realized that this exam is 100% passable if you're willing to work for it. And I am more than willing at this point. I even stopped watching TV during the week so I can focus on studying!

I've been hitting up a coffee shop near my house every night after work for a couple of hours so I can stay on pace with my study schedule. I'm using Becker and the Ninja flash cards.

Good luck everyone. I know we can do this!

REG - PASSED
    BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

DONE. 🙂

maaroufrn

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take AUD in April. I am not sure when yet, it depends on my confidence and study progress. I am using Becker, Wiley test bank, and Ninja audio. This is my first time trying for AUD. Back in 2011 I tried FAR twice and did not pass them. That discouraged me and we got busy with selling our house, buying a new house, and a new job. Now I am back to give it a real shot. This time around though I think I am going to keep FAR till the end.

I know we can all do it. Good luck studying everyone 🙂

AUD July 2013
    BEC August 2013
    REG TBD
    FAR TBD

Using Becker, Ninja audio, and Wiley test bank.

kstevens

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum but I feel the need for some feedback! I am currently working full-time, taking advance accounting online, have 3 kids, and my husband travels ALOT! (basically single mom right now)…I'm on the 3rd section of AUD using Becker and would like to take the exam in April. I'm not sure if I'm doing enough or if I bit off more than I can chew! What have you all found that helps the most in being successful in passing or what have you ruled out as not working? I took my progress test at the end of sec. 2 and got a 96 but that was out of only 30 questions. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated! In the mean time, back to studying I go 🙂 Good luck everyone!

Journey to Fate
    Participant

@mcfly – hang in there! i am in the same boat as you kind of. waiting for my BEC score and trying to absorb all the AUD material…..again! it's time to DO something about it, no matter if it means 3 hours after work, 2 hours before work, etc. etc.

keep up the good work and study hard! we can do this!

@kstevens: welcome! my advice is to keep doing as many MCs as possible. the progress tests may be more beneficial after you complete MCS for all the chapters. good luck studying!

BEC- 67, 69

jeff
    Keymaster

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@ktstevens

my god that sounds tough! I've got a young boy but also a full-time wife/mom to take care of him, in addition to a 40 hour job, and I feel burnt! I can only imagine your guts. I guess my only advice is to keep it up, and try to get good sleep, even if it's not a lot of sleep.

mags603

Good luck studying, guys!! This is my second try on the exam, but already feel a little more confident. The last time I was not prepared…I couldn't understand why my Audit intstructor wanted to play “peek-a-boo” with the class. Now, I get it, PCAOB….before it didn't occur to me that you can't have a disclaimer of opinion if it is a GAAP deficiency, and I definitely didn't know if you can't even audit (GAAS issue) you have a scope limitation and therefore disclaimer…I know this prob sounds simple to you guys, but I just didn't get it last time around. I also didn't get that substantive always meant $$ testing…as you can see…very unprepared…

This time around I'm still having a hard time with the following:

1. depending on your report verdict when you adjust scope, opinion, etc and when an additional paragraph is necessary

2. I have read and reread kiting and I still don't get it. I think that is basically working the float, but I don't know?

3. I think lapping is always basically you are one day from being arrested if you get caught? does that make sense? i don't know!

4. Is Becker serious will all of these acronyms? I get TIP PIE ACDO…but DORCS….ADMITS…FINE….PRIME…HELPME…ULIARCPA…seriously, really?

****any thoughts or analysis or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

*****THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!!!

TAZ1126

I am taking AUD on May 7th, after failing BEC with a 71 last December, I was totally turned off to the whole thing.

I currently have the WIley 2012 set, and MCQ, is there much of difference between that and the 2013 version?

rjcpa
    Participant

There is not a difference for people taking AUD before July. After July you need the 2013 material, or just the update to the 2012 reporting module (I think that;s the only thing changing).

FAR - 10/3/12 - 86
    BEC - 11/27/12 - 70 1/14/13 - 81
    AUD - 4/4/13 - 87
    REG - 7/8/13 - 80

n.ACMA

Hi,

I am studying for audit rematch on 16th may. I previously got a 72. Anybody interested in joint study in Riyadh, KSA?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.